Back in the Cat Forum
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Back in the Cat Forum in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey boys. I finally got myself a new car today. I'd bought an old '67 Delta 88 to cruse in ...
    AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Talking Back in the Cat Forum

Hey boys. I finally got myself a new car today. I'd bought an old '67 Delta 88 to cruse in over the summer but now that the nights are coolin down i started driving my dad's '01 sport that i convinced him to buy. But workin on a car for no pay is no fun when it's not your own car . But anyways the Delta is in my garage waiting for me co convert it's 425 2bbl into a 4bbl and wait for the snow months to pass. So the story goes on i went out to the car auctions with a day off school and i run across this 99 sport with a message on the windshield saying "BAD TIMING BELT, WILL NOT START." I decided to pop the hood and have a look for myself. The belt was shredded and go figure, the tension pulley was toasted. They DROVE the car through the lase and because it had no belt coolant was spraying out the bottom of the car. I figured i've done the pulley before and it was a quick 25min job so why not put a bid in ton it. I figured if it didn't do much over 2k i'd take it. I had always loved the 99 sports, even more than the facelifts (maybe i'm just weird?). to make a longer story short i ended up grabbing the car for dirt cheap and crossed my fingers all it needed was some brake pads, front rotors, a pulley and a belt. Got her runnin this mornin and she is a DREAM. No more problems, thanks god , and now all i need is to replace the brake light switch, cruse switch, and figure out why the trunk won't pop. She is black on black and i'll giver her a detailing soon and get up some pics. Plus it's got a 12 disc changer in the back, it's a jvc, but it works. I'll try not to turn this one into an F-150 compactor. The moral of the story: My dad's jealous and i love my car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Back in the Cat Forum

Reserved for pix

guardian is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I once owned a '65 Delta 88 with a factory-installed floor shifter. It was one of the coolest and nicest cars I ever owned. NEVER should have sold that car!!

If you are saying you now own a 1999 Catera Sport, well, that's amazing. The '99 Catera Sports are the rarest of all Cadillac Cateras, very few ever having been manufactured. I believe they are collectible. Take really good care of that special automobile. It's a keeper.

And of course we all want to see photos ASAP!!

I'll try to get the rest up this week. Dial-up......

Let me know what ya think.

if the pix didn't work just go here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/18252071@N00/2873990583/

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Have you been to the two other forums?

The one is called CateraOwners.forumotion.com, and the other is Omegaowners.com, there is some usefull info on there as well..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.