Water4Gas HHO?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Water4Gas HHO? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone tried installing one of these on a Catera yet? I'm curious to know. Thanks! J...
    jjhatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Water4Gas HHO?

Has anyone tried installing one of these on a Catera yet? I'm curious to know.

Thanks!
    J

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Water4Gas HHO?

There were several threads concerning this scam, down in Seville and Northstar Perfromance, a couple of months ago.

(I have a bridge in NYC that I will sell cheap, also..... )

cateraowner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Theoretically it does work.

but mostly what are sold now for under $500 are pretty much scams.

the way it works is if you heat up your fuel and inject hydrogen you can go for about 15 AFR at crusing to about 30 AFR, pretty much doubling your fuel efficiency.

but good luck trying to get the computer to inject half the fuel it's programmed to do (that'll be a project on it's own). and not to mention trying to keep the water from freezing (if you live anywhere that goes below freezing.)

Po Pimp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92' Eldorado, 97 Catera

Yes they work. I have built and installed two systems on two different cars. Both still run fine and have seen an increase if fuel economy. Don't fool yourself into thinking you can double your gas mileage (at least not in any modern engine). It is not possible. Your pistons would melt in the cylinder running that lean. That is if your catalytic convertor didn't melt first.

I have not installed one on a Catera yet. I actually started to post a write up on this site last week. I decided against posting it until I came up with something more pleasing to the eyes. Next week I should be done and have it installed. I will post what I did and the results good/or/bad. I seen no reason that they will not be good based on my other installations.

jjhatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool. Please let me know your results. I can get a MAP/MAF sensor controller to regulate gas flowing into the intake too so that should solve that problem. I'm going to do thorough testing in another vehicle first though. I'm in FL so no need to worry about anything freezing.

Po Pimp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92' Eldorado, 97 Catera

Sorry JJHatcher, didn't mean to leave you hanging. My two days off this week turned into two 12 hour days. I will post some info on what I did this weekend when I have some time to take pictures in day light.

disisjc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This has been a really long weekend

Warez is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If this is the device that produces hydrogen then it is indeed a scam and it is completely 100% impossible to improve your fuel economy by using this.

Mythbusters also dubunked this device in an episode, predictibly it decreased fuel economy as well.

.........absolute, positive snake oil. This scam has been around since I was a kid and it hasn't changed in 55 years. Curious that every automobile manufacturer on earth, as well as NASCAR, isn't using the principle. As P.T. Barnum observed: "There's a sucker born every minute."

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

So I guess if you dont know much about engines you can come up with some very interesting theories...

I wonder how much electrical current it takes to make the hydrogen and exactly how much hydrogen you end up making... I know an engine runing at idle for 1 min absorbs as much air as it takes for a human to brathe 8min... and thats assumed small type engine, not a V8 or nothing of that sort...

And also engines are running at around 98% combustion efficiency so I dont see how with this hydrogen device you can get any better then that...

If you want to see some real improvement in MPGs here are a few tips...

Keep your tires overinflated by 2-3 PSI... The catera specifies 32 I beleive, I run them at 35 city and 38 hwy and I can tell a difference.

Run 5W30 instead of 10W30 < Helps qutie a bit ~1mpg...

Make your car more aerodynamic... chin spoiler and perhaps close off some of the openings on the grille... I hear clear tape around many of the gaps around the bumper will help.. .it might look like poop but if you are after MPGs and not looks then this would work..

Get AAA card or something of that sort and get rid of your jack and spare tire for a good weight savings...

Make sure your brakes are properly adjusted so that there is no friction that will rub off fuel economy.

Change your Air and Fuel filters... and maybe even get a different set of mufflers for the car as those will also free up breathing space for the motor and make it sound a bit better...

Those are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head...

Another thing I heard was an additive that was added to the coolant and it allowed for better heat transfer and thus allowing the motor to run cooler which should help some except too cool and then the engien thinks its not warm enough and ends up increasing the air/fuel to try to bring it up to temp...

In fact my car lately with the cold weather has been keeping between 177 and 184... I guess the thermostat doesnt even open!...

Ahh also try to keep unnesesary power devices turned off... like your headlights during the day... etc those suck power too and make your alternator work extra hard to keep up...

And finally its all about how heavy your foot is, and if you wanna fix that take a piece of 2x4 and stick it behind your gas pedal... that alone will be worth 3-4mpg...

Me driving like a granny I get 23 around town... if I drive like I stole it its more like 15... see the difference?

Same deal goes for hwy use... I have seen as high as 28mpg... and as low as 19...

Ave is around 21 and varies by +/- 1mpg based on oil used and tire pressures...

Ryan1996 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

First... there's ALWAYS a given amount of pressure on the front rotors from the vacuum or hydraulic boost. And secondly, over inflating your tires will make them wear in the center. But do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1996 View Post
    there's ALWAYS a given amount of pressure on the front rotors from the vacuum or hydraulic boost.
    Ummm, No. Caliper pistons retract from .005" to .012" upon release of brake pedal pressure. If they don't that's when you get brake grabbing and weird overheating smells around town.

Try it - PITA, but go for a "spirited drive", come home, jack up a front wheel and pull the tire/wheel. Stick a screwdriver into the caliper and wiggle the pads - they'll rattle in their channels. No pressure. Or, don't even pull the tire, simply spin it - any real drag or pressure ???

32 psi in a 41 psi cold inflation tire is not "overinflated". I run 33 psi in the STS at all times - 30 psi GM recommended - and my tire wear is absolutely flat - except when I tear up the outer tread playing twisties on the rural roads in Caroline county.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.