I think my cat might be done
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, I think my cat might be done in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; so I went looking for a coolant leak last weekend and found it was the coolant bridge under the intake ...
    cateraowner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I think my cat might be done

so I went looking for a coolant leak last weekend and found it was the coolant bridge under the intake manifold. while puting it back together, I broke the banjo bolt, so I went to the dealership to get a new one. since obviously they didn't have one in stock they had to order it. 4 days later it came, and I put the cat back together. when I started the car up there was a heavy knocking. looking furhter into it, it looks like it's coming from the right bank underneth the valve cover. first thought was lifters, but am not sure.
    the car sort of sound like a diesel car right now. it's wired cause all I touched was the cooling and intake system. I didn't do anything with main engine.

my oil is good at the right level and the pressure is normal. anyone have any clues what this might be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

frank moran is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera, ..

Re: I think my cat might be done

Quote Originally Posted by cateraowner View Post
    so I went looking for a coolant leak last weekend and found it was the coolant bridge under the intake manifold. while puting it back together, I broke the banjo bolt, so I went to the dealership to get a new one. since obviously they didn't have one in stock they had to order it. 4 days later it came, and I put the cat back together. when I started the car up there was a heavy knocking. looking furhter into it, it looks like it's coming from the right bank underneth the valve cover. first thought was lifters, but am not sure.
    the car sort of sound like a diesel car right now. it's wired cause all I touched was the cooling and intake system. I didn't do anything with main engine.

my oil is good at the right level and the pressure is normal. anyone have any clues what this might be?
    did you possibly drop something in one of the intake cyl. ports? otherwise it may be just a lifter leak down which in a little time may well correct itself, all the plug wires on correct cyl?.

Jamies97Cat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Catera

sounds like something might have fallen in the motor when you took the intake off. i cant see why a noise like that would start just after changing a banjo bolt. i wish i knew you needed one i have a few of them i could have mailed you one!

cateraowner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Jamies97Cat View Post
    sounds like something might have fallen in the motor when you took the intake off. i cant see why a noise like that would start just after changing a banjo bolt. i wish i knew you needed one i have a few of them i could have mailed you one!
    thanks jamiescat, don't worry the dealership took good care of me, I got a banjo bolt for a bargine price of $17.... hahhahah

I don't think I dropped anything in there since I had the holes plugged the whole time. only time it was open was when I put it back together.

looks like I was over reacting a bit. I should have done a bit more research, the only thread I looked at replaced the engine because of bad lifters, so I thought that was my fait too. but anyways, the noise almost goes away completely when the engine is warm, looks like that lifter is wanting to get changed soon. not really looking forward to that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.