No crank please help.!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, No crank please help.!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok now, back to this subject. I still have not found an answer for this one problem i am having ...
    bookie0116 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

No crank please help.!!!

Ok now, back to this subject. I still have not found an answer for this one problem i am having with my Catera. After i have driven at least 15 minutes or more, sometimes my car won't start for anywhere from 15 min to 2 hours. I have also found that turning my A.C on while driving makes it take more time to start when i shut it off. My car doesn't overheat anymore since i got the leak fixed on the HCV. But it's still doing that little weird won't crank thing. My mechanic can't figure it out or no one else for that fact. I figured that since a lot of you have the same problem with your car, and i haven't heard anything else about it from none of you, maybe you have gotten your cars fixed and could possibly let me know what your problem was. My mechanic is telling me that it could be that the starter is getting hot and refusing to turn over. He wants to charge me $200 for the labor and $300 for the starter. That's crazy!!! I want to know exactly what the problem is so i won't be throwing money down the drain. Besides what would the A.C and the starter have in common? Please somebody help me this is getting really annoying sitting in the hot sun for hours out of the day. I would really appreciate the input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gunther1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: No crank please help.!!!

Remove and clean the positive and neg battery cables first, if that doesnt fix it have the positive cable replaced. You will have no more problems. I just went thru this.

You will be suprized.

bookie0116 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: No crank please help.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gunther1000 View Post
    Remove and clean the positive and neg battery cables first, if that doesnt fix it have the positive cable replaced. You will have no more problems. I just went thru this.

You will be suprized.
    I will definately try this as i am desperate right now and will try anything right now. Thanks!!! I'll let you know how this worked.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.