Discussion on EXHAUST! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Discussion on EXHAUST! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Correct. I wasn't able to get an x=pipe put in because the guy said it wouldn't fit. I knew it ...
    eastsidercaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Black Catera

Re: Discussion on EXHAUST!

Correct. I wasn't able to get an x=pipe put in because the guy said it wouldn't fit. I knew it could but didn't argue. I got and Edelbrock SDT series Muffler. Sounds great on startup and on the highway too. ONLY thing i don't like is when accelerating you get a raspy sound but nit quite like rice, i know that can be taken care of tho. Just sounds like metal ratlling around. I should check the pipes and make sure there not rattling against the differential. I like it and it looks good. Gonna see if he can adjust it some more to tuck it under my rear bumper more. You can see the pipe extend if you look close. So far it's good but later i'll get the finishing touches done. Good luck with those RED HOTS!

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

I just got them put on, the sound is amazing, I am in love with it!...

Total cost was 45$ for the mufflers and 100$ installation!

Here are some pictures.

And a YouTube Video!
    ENJOY! Comments are welcome too!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxcZ66-Bapc"]YouTube - Steinmetz Catera Omega Exhaust Cherry Bombs Flowtech[/ame]

Southern-Hospitality is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by elvin315 View Post
    Those are the resonators. The "cats" live up front, near the tranny.

Just to get this right, can you label that photo some how.

This is confusing the hell out of me!

CateraMV6; That sounds great! You should be proud with that job.

Well the picture above is the underside and goes as follows.

The farthest thing you see is the downpipes from the headers. THen they feed into two catalitic converters. then the pipes meet together behind the transmission and they go through two mufflers (before the rear axle) and finally the resonator at the very end.

How do you think that setup would sound without the resonator?

I noticed that eastsidercaddie replaced his resonator with a muffler... Making 3.

What i want to do is put the red hots in, then remove the resonator completely. Then I want to do what eastsidercaddie has done with the pipe layout, but instead of those tips I want to put dual tips on each side. Making it look like quad

Oh boy, I think the Flowtech mufflers with the OEM resonator would sound just perfect, as I am not sure how much louder it is because of my Steinmetz resonator.

I would suggest you get the Flowtecks and mount them in and see how you like it, then if its not loud enough go and get two more cherry bombs maybe shorter and remove the resonator and replace with the two cherry bombs and just run one of the pipes around the gas tank and then out the other side.

Here is another clip with a guy who runs NO Cats and then two sets of Cherry Bombs on his AUDI.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV8XCJ-aK_4"]YouTube - Audi 3.0 B6 Avant Cherry Bomb Exhaust A4[/ame]

Audi sounds pretty bad ass too!

I am thinkin' it would probably be too loud with the 4 cherry bombs. (I also have a cold air intake) So I'll probably see what the 2 cherry bombs sound like then replace the resonator with a high flow muffler from Magnaflow. (not without revving it up before poppin' it in there of course) And then probably shoot for the tips and re-routing of exhaust.

I am just waiting for a shipping quote to Canada on the Cherry bombs. Then I should be hard at work, and I can't wait till I can post some photos and clips!

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how things go.

MV6, i like the sound of the exhaust but seems a little quiet. Does sound good though. Mine is a little louder at startup because i had the resonators cut and new pipes. Was gonna get the X-pipe but muffler guy said one couldn't fit so i didn't argue even though i know one can fit. Under hard acceleration at low gear mine seems to make a lound rattling noise but i'm sure there's something going on mechanically there. Anyway if i can tomorrow i'll get a much better sounding clip. BTW mines louder and sounds just like that. I got new tips too, so those on the recent pics are small.

COMPARED TO OLD:

Talking Re: Discussion on EXHAUST!

Quote Originally Posted by eastsidercaddy View Post
    MV6, i like the sound of the exhaust but seems a little quiet. Does sound good though. Mine is a little louder at startup because i had the resonators cut and new pipes. Was gonna get the X-pipe but muffler guy said one couldn't fit so i didn't argue even though i know one can fit. Under hard acceleration at low gear mine seems to make a lound rattling noise but i'm sure there's something going on mechanically there. Anyway if i can tomorrow i'll get a much better sounding clip. BTW mines louder and sounds just like that. I got new tips too, so those on the recent pics are small.

COMPARED TO OLD:

Yours does look real good to I like the dual pipes out back, it makes for a unique look and you are the first one to do that so you better be proud of it.
    As for sound my man its quieter because of the rear resonator on mine still being implemented. I bet if you want to muffle yours down a bit as well you can probably add a small 12" cherry bomb inline somewhere before the muffler and it will clear out the high pitch noises if you got any, as for rattling you could have something inside that moves around. I was watching the guy weld and he was making some real big pools of molten metal that would drop to the gorund and sparks would fly every where.
    I think if something like that fell on the inside and created a small ball of mettal that would just sit in the muffler and bounce around making the sound.

As for mine, I am extreemly happy because it sounds deep and on the quiet side so the interior is just perfect its quiet but you can tell the engine is running.

As for exterior the video I shot didnt seem to give an exact copy of the sound so I will try to reshoot with an actual video camera.... and that should show better.

Also Dual Cherry Bombs will make things quieter... the more you have the more sound they will cancel. And also the FlowTECH features luvers inside and normal cherrybombs have just perforated steel internals so you may notice different sound levels on both! Cherry Bomb should be louder then the FlowTECH ones...

Other then that keep posting stuff on here and lets make a nice guide for exhaust set ups for furture newbies to follow.

I think this calls for a STICKY!!!

Yeah sticky is in order. Thanks for the comments, and I had thought originally of getting 2 "cherry Bomb" mufflers for that but really thought i'd get the ricer buzz. You could be right about the pieces of slag that are in the pipe. I've got a remote start on my car so i'll start it and look under the car to see if there
    s anything moving. I'll have that sound clip up soon. I' got rid of the front resonators up near the cats for the performance benefit. Boy it works good. No resonators, pipes straight to the muffler and with the Edelbrock SDT, the power has gone up. You can really feel it when you use the pedal. Anyway good job on your exhaust!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.