weird ac/heat problem?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, weird ac/heat problem? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hey guys, been experiencing another problem with my 01 cat recently. this time not radiator related. when summer came around, ...
    blue_wrx2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

weird ac/heat problem?

hey guys,
    been experiencing another problem with my 01 cat recently. this time not radiator related. when summer came around, i tried turning the climate control down to 60 and found it was blowing really hot air, like the heat was on. however, when i turn it up to 90, it blows out semi decent cool air. the passenger side however is fine. i don't get it? i tried unplugging the battery for a while but nothing worked. any ideas? thanks!
    ~Dennis

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

callingmonroe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Catera

Re: weird ac/heat problem?

I noticed yesterday, mine did the same for about 5 min. The fan speed was on low and temp was set at 68, BTW I would not try going lower than that, it could never achieve it anyway. But it was strange anyway I turned off then on again then kicked the fan on high and it started working, maybe your compressor is not kicking on, or low on freon due to leak.

lakesidepark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Catera

driver's side screwed, passenger side works fine? check the vent door actuators, search this forum and there is a short writeup on how to get to the screw that loosens on the gearmotor and causes it to just flap around. Then you will have to re-sync the actuators.

blue_wrx2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by lakesidepark View Post
    driver's side screwed, passenger side works fine? check the vent door actuators, search this forum and there is a short writeup on how to get to the screw that loosens on the gearmotor and causes it to just flap around. Then you will have to re-sync the actuators.
    thanks for the response guys, however i tried searching and couldn't find a good write up on it. any help on a link? thanks again!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.