a/c pressure settings on 97 catera
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, a/c pressure settings on 97 catera in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; anyone know what the low and high side settings are for 97 cat?I have all the equiptment but no chart,do ...
    surfsidetex is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile a/c pressure settings on 97 catera

anyone know what the low and high side settings are for 97 cat?I have all the equiptment but no chart,do not wanna really go over 200psi on high side but not sure,I know alot has to do with the ambient air out side.any help is nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

R-Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green

Re: a/c pressure settings on 97 catera

I have a gauge, but above 50psi on the low pressure port it's showing in RED. I am running 55 and it's fine. The freon can was showing for this temperature (~95) 55psi is OK, even higher pressure for hotter temperatures. I guess it also depends on the refrigerant.
    P.S. and what are you doing refilling that stuff on the high pressure side anyway?...

passionaterage is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Per the Haynes heating and a/c manual.....1997 Catera-Low Side pressure-28 to 30....High Side pressure 145 to 261

passionaterage is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

And i don't think he's refilling it on the high side, as the fitting won't allow it. He's just measuring with a proper a/c gauge connected to the low and high pressure sides.

lakesidepark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Catera

from what I remember (it's been a year at least) with ambient temp about 80 degrees, i was running 175 PSI on the high side and 30 on the low side before I stopped adding gas. It seemed that I couldn't push the high side any higher, and the low side crept up a couple of PSI before I stopped. So I assumed that I had hit the spot when it started to push up my low-side pressure.

Performance-wise it will freeze my toes on a hot day after I been running on the highway a while (I like to run split-vent and get that cold air to the floor).

Not an AC whiz just my experience with the cat.

Richard A. Coyle is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am a old A/C tech, on your gauges you will find Tempature scales, look for the one for the gas you using, should be R134, and read the tempatures, on the high side it should run 40 to 50 degress hotter than the outside temp and on the inside it should read around 35 to 40 degrees.

Rich

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.