Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Clunking from Front End, Vibration at Speed

Clunking from Front End, Vibration at Speed

I just acquired a '98 Cat with 91K and have a clunking noise from the front end when going over low speed bumps, as well as a slight vibration at speed. Is there anything known to give out prematurely in the front end suspension of the Cats?

Thanks in Advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gunther1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Clunking from Front End, Vibration at Speed

Oh man are you opening a can of worms here... I would say its the top strut mount and also a tie tod end but the a-arm bushings are also suspect. Good luck.

Leon3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Clunking from Front End, Vibration at Speed

Take it to a place where they give free estimates, where they will put it up on a lift so you can see. In my case it was a tie-rod and stabilizer link. They wanted 700.00 bucks to do parts and labor. I fixed mine for about 100.00 parts and my labor, replaced both links and both inner and outer tie-rods on both sides...then a 60.00 wheel alignment. like the previous poster said it could be other things for sure.

Good Luck