Bose stereo
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Bose stereo in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 98 non-bose Catera. Can I replace the old, (UL1) radio with a Bose, (UL6) radio? I know ...
    mcarcher is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bose stereo

I have a 98 non-bose Catera. Can I replace the old, (UL1) radio with a Bose, (UL6) radio? I know that the Bose uses amps, but the radio has to send out a signal. Can I use a line level converter to get the signal to drive a aftermarket amp?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Black02SLPSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Bose stereo

Bump for an answer im wondering the same thing.

eastsidercaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Black Catera

You don't really want Bose. It's not much of an upgrade..only thing you want is the 2 ohm speakers. The door speakers when powered right SOUND FANTASTIC. The radio interface and amp are cheesy. I just installed a Pioneer head unit and bypassed the factory amp and it is WAY BETTER! Trust me, just get the speakers and bypass the amp.

Well really what im curious about is just using the head unit, putting aftermarket speakers in the doors and using an aftermarket amp to power it all. Basically just using the headunit as the cd player and the aftermarket components for the rest. The car is for my wife and she doesnt care for the aftermarket head units. She just "wants something that plays a cd nothing fancy". She prefers the stock interface i guess.

Also forgot to mention that i already have the head unit from when my parents bought it from ebay to upgrade it to a cd player. And its not the combo tape/cd player just a cd player. Is that a rare unit or rather common?

eastsidercaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Black Catera

that's pretty common. i have a 97 and it has a tape deck only. Although i did have an aftermarket JVC 10 disc CD player hooked up. I still have it too if someone is interested. Just wire it up to + and - and use the radio adapter and it plays thru the radio. Works good too, but my Pioneer has a CD player built in so i wont be needing it. I see what your saying tho. Just a aftermarket HU and speakers. That's what i've done but the Bose speakers with a aftermarket HU are FANTASTIC!!! It sounds like your in a recording studio with the people that your listening to.

BTW i only like Reggae and Rap music, and trust me- the bose 2 ohm speakers DELIVER when they get some real power. The bose interface and amp do little to help you out, and they roll off the mid and low frequencies when you turn up the volume to prevent distortion, but believe me they will go WAY THE F)CK UP before they distort with incredible sound!! Bob Marley is great with the new setup. That's what i recommend.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.