2000 Catera will turn over but does not start
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 2000 Catera will turn over but does not start in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The 2000 Catera I have has a weird problem. The engine turns over, but does not start. However, if we ...
    taskafa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2000 Catera will turn over but does not start

The 2000 Catera I have has a weird problem. The engine turns over, but does not start. However, if we spray some starter spray, then the car runs as long as I continue spraying the thing.

The mechanic checked the fuel line pressure, found them to be normal. We also checked the crank shaft sensor, cam shaft sensor, and the engine computer (each one tested on another Catera) and found that they are all OK. It seems that there is no electric pulse coming to the injectors (put the little tester on the plug to see if there is any activiy, none found).

Anybody has any idea, or any experience, please I need your help desperately.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dwheeler is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2000 Catera will turn over but does not start

I don't know if this is a Cat thing or not, but there are cars that cut off the fuel pump/injectors if there is no oil pressure.

mlorenzo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by taskafa View Post
    The 2000 Catera I have has a weird problem. The engine turns over, but does not start. However, if we spray some starter spray, then the car runs as long as I continue spraying the thing.

The mechanic checked the fuel line pressure, found them to be normal. We also checked the crank shaft sensor, cam shaft sensor, and the engine computer (each one tested on another Catera) and found that they are all OK. It seems that there is no electric pulse coming to the injectors (put the little tester on the plug to see if there is any activiy, none found).

Anybody has any idea, or any experience, please I need your help desperately.

Thanks
    Did you ever find out what the problem was, mine doing same thing. thanks

Leon3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When my cat was running rough , I disconnected the connector clip to the maf sensor and it idles and runs great. Picked up a sensor at the salvage yard, have yet to put it on...doesn't look like its in the best shape. I want my chack engine light off. Why am I running running so well and are there any longterm damage that coild occur running this way

K Storm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX-4

Try doing some reseach on the crackshaft position sensor. You have the same symtoms mine hard. I had my mechanic change the CPS for ~$200 and all was fine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.