Coolant level low
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Coolant level low in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just noticed the coolant level low light is on and noticed that sometimes there is a small puddle of ...
    greene is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Coolant level low

I just noticed the coolant level low light is on and noticed that sometimes there is a small puddle of coolant on the ground...what could it be

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Re: Coolant level low

Depending on where its showing up, it could be a leak in the radiator itself, one of the hoses is bad, or if its tward the back of the engine... it could be a coolant intake pipe..

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/sho...t=Coolant+leak

thanks it looks like it is leaking from the back in very small amounts however yesterday afternoon left work light has didnot appear got in to go to work this morning ..checked the level it was fine havent seen the light or the drip since yesterday morning..will have it checked this week to see if it is a bad hose or something

Theo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I got the low coolant light ON but the coolant level is normal and I can't see any leak or over heat!! any idea? is there a way to check if it is a faulty sensor?

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

It may show up as a code... have it scanned, otherwise if it doesnt go off and the coolant level is fine... then something could be wrong with the sensor. What level is it at? (the coolant) And what is the average temp.

Theo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Jeff,

when the car is cold the coolant is on the level line. for the Temp, usually it ranges between the centre of the gauge and the level right on top of it.

Okay we see that there is a small leak coming from a silver pipe towards the back of the engine is this the coolant intake pipe....I need a picture of the engine....Please so I can take care of the drip

could you tell me if this is the silver pipe that is kind of curved you can see it from the bottom of the engine..............I need a copy of the engine

mastertech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Your heater control valve is leaking--rear of engine near top, three hoses going into, it's a plastic valve, they all leak.

Catera97_Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My low coolant light comes on at different times, stays on for a few minutes then goes off. Checked the coolant, it was low, but I never saw a drop on the floor in the garage? I filled it to the proper level, but light still comes on at various times then goes off.

cattydrvr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mine was doing the same thing...the first time it leaked it was a hose, 2nd time I replaced the engine oil cooler, Im hoping 3rd times a charm I just got my catty back from the shop they put in a new cap. So far its done the job. Good luck!

cateraman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by mastertech
    Your heater control valve is leaking--rear of engine near top, three hoses going into, it's a plastic valve, they all leak.
    ?How much does it cost to fix or can you do it yourself.

well I had it done by my local mechanic and he charged me 215.oo but when I called the dealership it was roughly 300.00

cateraman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by mastertech
    How could I repair this myself.Any suggestions.

MARKLESW is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the same problem on my catera. I took it to the dealer, do you know what they did ? they put a paperclip to jump out where the sensor plugs in at. How did I find out ? When my oil cooler leaked out antifreeze and put oil in the coolant I replaced it myself. I also changed the bottle but the light always goes on and off so I unplugged the connector and bent the tangs on the bottle connector down a little bit to make a better contact. It works perfect now ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.