catera exhausts/mufflers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, catera exhausts/mufflers in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; im just starting to do mods to my catera but i wanted to know who has put in and new ...
    blackcat8799 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

catera exhausts/mufflers

im just starting to do mods to my catera but i wanted to know who has put in and new muffler or exhaust and an intake and how did it sound?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eastsidercaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Black Catera

Re: catera exhausts/mufflers

Funny you should post this topic...right now I'm waiting on a replacement muffler for my Cat, long story short i had to take off the exhaust pipes in order to fix the damage on my car, had the pipes welded back on yesterday and supposed to have muffler today but they didn't. I'm getting a Turbo style muffler instead of the OEM muffler. Can't wait to see how it sounds. Guy told me it's the same muffler they put on mustangs and it gives a nice deep tone but nothing loud. I'll post pics when i get it. Also i have an air intake too, I use a Spectre Stainless Steel Air Intake- I must say it's better than the K&N filter...only use it with the bottom half of the air box cause rain and large dust that could get sucked up will ruin the engine. Intake sounds nice and deep and adds that extra sound the V6 is missing.

Other forum members have had their resonators taken off and is sounds nice...but when i had no pipes the car rattles like a tin can. I'll post pics when i get it all on. Welcome to Cadillac Owners.com!!

what do you mean by a turbo style muffler? yeah i just bought an intake from chrome intakes on Ebay hopefully get that installed this weekend...but keep updating

gunther1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Turbo style mufflers are just straight thru "cherry bomb" Style, Or at least the ones are that I have seen. Kinda like a motorcycle. There are "Turbo" style chamber mufflers but replacing the resonators I would bet it is the small round straight type with some small packing and holes inside to kill a little sound.

my $.02

R-Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green

I have 04 GTO exhaust on mine. It's a 2-piece deal: middle with resonators, back piece basically extends the pipes to the bumper. They do not have the back muffler and the pipes and resonators are a little larger. Routing is similar for the middle section, but fitting after the cats has to be totally redone and pipes bent, welded etc., because they come at different angles and have different fittings. The back section has to be slightly bent to come out in stock location; which I still haven't done. If you have a good exhaust shop, it shouldn't be too difficult to make everything fit well
    Good luck,
    Aras

GTO exhaust huh? that sounds beefy but isnt going to have that rattle sound like how old chevy berrettas used to be... because i would like to have a deep sound when im hitting the gas but low when im crusing. its been hard trying to find a good exhaust or muffler system.. i was looking at the flowmasters delta flow series 40 but idk im pretty lost with this one

Thanks,
    Blackcat

r-caddy do you have any videos of what the gto exhaust sounds like?

R-Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green

No I don't. I am yet to redo the fitting part of the exhaust and fit the back piece. In the low end it sounds pretty good, then gets a little raspy in the mid RPM and in higher RPM kinda fades away but accompanies the intake and makes it quite audible, I must say... Actually, it sounds a little like a 350Z with a rather loud exhaust. My buddy has a 350Z with all 3.5" pipe with no mufflers or cats, but mine is only a very mild version of that, so don't be scared. Listen to the clips of Cats with no resonators. It's similar, but a little deeper in the low end.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.