Bose Stereo Conversion
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Bose Stereo Conversion in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So the other day I decided that I was going to buy a cd player but I wanted it factory. ...
    Sheldo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera

Bose Stereo Conversion

So the other day I decided that I was going to buy a cd player but I wanted it factory. So I hoped on eBay and bought the Bose CD changer for the Catera. I got in all plugged in and the TheftLock was on. I have a buddy who owns a shop and brought it over there and hooked it up to his Tech 2 scanner to match the VIN of my vehicle to my new cd player. After that was all accomplished I realized that my old cassette player had a built in amp were as this new cd player doesn't. So I have an amp I'm willing to wire up but I need to know how I should wire it up. Or I have another option and that is to buy the factory amp that came in some models. I can find a few amps and for relatively cheap but I cant find any wiring harness for the amp, unless its back there?

Sheldon
    1998 Catera

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Re: Bose Stereo Conversion

Dont forget this is a European car the way they make cars is entirely different then the US cars... they actually care for their customers. So what they do is they use a universal wiring harness that has all the connections for every car... and all you got to do is add on the accessories. It makes the jobs of the installers at the dealer so much easier plus it reduces the number of different things that can go wrong with various harnesses. So if you look around the car you will find out that there are a lot of unused plugs so you just have to find the parts that you need and plug them in.

Mine is prewired for a 12 disc changer... and but it has pretty much everything on there... even the plugs for the rear seat heaters are there.

I noticed that mine is wired for a disc changer as well. I wish my car had the option for heated seats, is there a way I could do that modification?

sccatera97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Catera 2002 SEville STS

Yes, you can add the heated seat option. If you want the rest of the BOSE set up, I have a line on it. Let me know and I will look into it.

What does the rest of the bose setup include?

MaesMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

i would actually be interested in both options, full bose and heated seats. currently i have an MP3/Nav system installed and its plugged into the cd changer option in the back of the stereo

Black02SLPSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

did anyone get this to work? im lookin to do the same thing

Black02SLPSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CateraMV6 View Post
    Dont forget this is a European car the way they make cars is entirely different then the US cars... they actually care for their customers. So what they do is they use a universal wiring harness that has all the connections for every car... and all you got to do is add on the accessories. It makes the jobs of the installers at the dealer so much easier plus it reduces the number of different things that can go wrong with various harnesses. So if you look around the car you will find out that there are a lot of unused plugs so you just have to find the parts that you need and plug them in.

Mine is prewired for a 12 disc changer... and but it has pretty much everything on there... even the plugs for the rear seat heaters are there.
    Did they start putting an universal wiring harness in the 99 and later models? I looked last night for the plugs to the bose amps and i couldnt find them. Unless they had them tucked away somewhere. I have a 98 catera by the way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.