Show us your Catera. - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Show us your Catera. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; sorry guys about the two accounts this computer wont let anyother account with this forum....
    hooked up is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

Re: Show us your Catera.

sorry guys about the two accounts this computer wont let anyother account with this forum.

hooked up is offline Cadillac Owners Member

plus i forgot the password.

eastsidercaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Black Catera

hey man i would love to know where you got the kit from 'cause i want to get one badly...there's a place called s-tuning.eu or something like that and they ship to US and total it's around $1,500. If you got that kit for $700 i'd love to save half on a body kit. That rear bumper looks badass man. Good job!

Nodoze007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport

2000 Catera Sport
    Attached Images

Drinky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Omega

Newbie here great site

Mine is not strictly a Catera but a Vauxhall Omega 2.2 4cyl running a prins VSi LPG system i have made a few changes to it from standard

I have fitted an MV6 front bumper and rear deck spoiler also some 17" vectra C alloys i have tinted the headlights and fitted an Irmscher front grill

Just waiting on a few more upgrades i hope you guys can help me with namely some GTO front calipers and a set of rear LED lamps and infill panel for deck lid

Any way some pics of the beastie !!!!!

Hope you like

eastsidercaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Black Catera

hookedup: Where online did you get the body kit from? Other places in Poland won't ship to the US. Need that info man!!

R-Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green

Nice Omega Drinky

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Eastsider- Check out this site. This may have even been where he got his. Shipping will easily double the price of a kit but they ship here. I got a quote of something like 350euro to ship a full kit to my house, but my cat's temporary out of commission (and no, not bc some of u think it's a poc car, some ahole loosened my lugs n when my gf was driving it she didn't notice the vibration and it broke the lug shanks into the hub), or i might have ordered it.

elvin315 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Drinky View Post
    Newbie here great site

Mine is not strictly a Catera but a Vauxhall Omega 2.2 4cyl running a prins VSi LPG system i have made a few changes to it from standard

I have fitted an MV6 front bumper and rear deck spoiler also some 17" vectra C alloys i have tinted the headlights and fitted an Irmscher front grill

Just waiting on a few more upgrades i hope you guys can help me with namely some GTO front calipers and a set of rear LED lamps and infill panel for deck lid.
    Nice 'Mega you got there. I love the bumper cover. Is that a 2002 part? Our Cats stopped at 2001. I can't help with your deck lid project but did you notice the GTO calipers listed for sale? The discs won't fit but the calipers w/hoses are a bolt-on.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...otors-gto.html

Keep in touch.

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Well here are some updated pictures of my car... its gone through quite a transformation since I got it...

Looking sharp there bubba

neiljmoore is offline Cadillac Owners Member

have a 97 Its just over 100,000 miles.. had the infamous oil cooler repaired when I got it. 3 years ago ($1200.00). I just changed the heater control valve myself (49.00) and auxillary heater pump ($320.00). they were gooped up due to water and oil mix and took a while to break down. But I still got NO HEAT . The heat guage does not move at all. and its got a persistent miss when power is applied. I had it scoped... no error codes . The fuel air mix is out a little . the air bag light is on all the time, and it doesn't show on the scope. Its only heating up to 86 degrees Celcius.I suppose the thermostat is stuck open . Another pain in the ass of a job. I keep blowing ignition coils . I have had 3 fail in the last year ($380.00) and I put it in myself. new wires$175.00 aftermarket, wires cost about ($3-$400) from Caddy, plugs all around,The cd player quit so to heck with it. The exotic mirror fell apart. The sunroof switch is whacked, it opens on its own or won't close properly, I got one at the wreckers for 20.00 . list net from cadillac is around $300.00). Every once in a while a parasitic electrical drain drains the battery overnight, God knows!.I just replaced tie rod ends. steering arm, sway bar links, lower control arm bushings ($900.00)
    The keyless remote quit working, Its leaking oil into the spark plug galleys,The front headlight clips are broken So the headlights are pointing all over . The lens on the headlights are very cloudy and needs replaced or polished or something. That may not be such a bad thing if they werent so cloudy oncoming drivers would be getting dazzled by the lights bouncing around.The levelling system failed and I replaced the rear shocks with regular shocks.($125.00 did the job myself)The traction control comes on all by itself every once in a while. and wont shut off for a few days . then suddenly the light goes out and it goes into regular mode. for no apparent reason,I just replaced the font rotors .... they were warped... $40.00 each and an easy job to replace And.... oh yes... I just started to hear the steering pump whine when I go around a corner.
    You may think that I am abusing or neglecting my car.... to the contrary! I spend a lot of my weekends and sometimes miss a day at work while attending to my cateras constant needs. I have a money eating monster on my hands, it costs me more time and money than my wife does!
    I am not going to waste your time cussin and fussin about it.

One more thing ...,ITS FOR SALE !
    I wouldn't have another one if you paid me to take it!

Sorry about your experience. I went through a lot of stuff until I got the bugs worked out

opel omega 2.2 16v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): opel omega

hello

I am ron . I live in the netherlands , europe .
    I don't have a catera but an opel omega .

greetz ron

elvin315 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Very nice. It's always good to see an Opel Omega. The differences are few and subtle. For example the placement of the side marker lights and I notice you have no fog lights. Give us some info. What trim level is she? What engine and transmission combination? And always........ More pictures.

PS: Love the wheels!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.