Show us your Catera. - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Show us your Catera. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello, My Omega/Catera story began in the fall of 2006 when my parents test drove an Opel Omega C. Early ...
    Mat&Cat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '01 Catera, '02 Omega 2.2 DTI Design Edition (sold)

Re: Show us your Catera.

Hello,

My Omega/Catera story began in the fall of 2006 when my parents test drove an Opel Omega C. Early in 2007, a black 2002 Omega 2.2 DTI Design Edition wagon with 156k km became our family car.
    DSC04560.JPG
    DSC04564.JPG
    DSC04562.JPG
    I moved to the USA in the summer of 2008 to go to college. After my freshman year, I decided to buy a car (until then I had driven my aunt and uncle's 1989 Volvo 760 Turbo with 230k miles). In September of 2009, I got a one-owner 2001 Catera with 57k miles.
    DSC00364.JPG
    Two years later, my cousin got a 2000 Catera with 63k miles; he traded it in a few months ago.
    DSC04101.JPG
    My dad also replaced his Omega a month ago after reaching 280k km. I'm still a happy owner of my Cat with 84k miles on it now.

What was replaced on my car (not chronologically):
    - brake pads and rotors front and rear, calipers rear,
    - front right spring,
    - tie rods,
    - head gaskets at 58k, then engine oil cooler and gaskets at 83k miles,
    - multifunction relay (random radio, On-Star, and trunk release problems are gone since),
    - engine coils (ACDelco) and spark plugs (Bosch Platinum IR Fusion),
    - oxygen sensors (Bosch),
    - crankshaft position sensor,
    - timing belt,
    - instrument cluster bulbs (now orange) and headlight/tail light/blinker bulbs,
    - fuel filter,
    - oil and oil filter every 3-3.5k miles,
    - coolant a couple of times,
    - cabin air filer (Bosch),
    - engine air filter (K&N),
    - fuel cap,
    - battery,
    - left mirror (previous owner cracked it a bit),
    - wiper blades a couple of times.

Fixed:
    - A/C recharged with a refrigerant-sealant mix,
    - refinished right headlight (in and out),
    - sealed right fog light and a new connector put in.

In December of 2011, I hit deer which resulted in a 2-3" crack in the bumper, cracked headlight and its bezel, loosened fog light, cracked grill, and a dent in the hood. The car was repaired professionally with brand new parts (luckily they couldn't find used ones and the insurance covered everything).

DSC04135.JPG

To be replaced/done:
    - shocks front and rear (I bought Monroe),
    - pinion and axle seals (they're still OK),
    - black brushed aluminum vinyl wrap for radio/A/C bezel and transmission shift bezel (the rubbery stuff started coming off, I got grayish patches after removing it).

Things that don't work and I don't really care about:
    - gear shift indicator LEDs while lights are on,
    - below 20 degrees, I need to warm up the car in order to shift into gear -- I'm guessing that the transmission lock freezes.

Upgrades:
    - 18" factory GM wheels from Pontiac G6 GT/GXP (showroom takeoffs; offset different by 1mm) with Uniroyal Tiger Paw 225/45 tires, aftermarket lug nut covers, and Opel center caps,
    - DDM Tuning 35W 5000K HID Kit in headlights,
    - DDM Tuning 35W 3000K HID Kit in fog lights (the only way for the right fog light to stop blowing halogen bulbs due to rusted casing which is the negative connection),
    - white LED strips over headlights (just installed those a few days ago),
    - Opel stickers and Cadillac "V" logos,
    - Opel license plate frames.

DSC00841.JPG
    DSC04184.JPG
    2012-07-31 12.18.37.jpg
    2013-04-06 22.31.43.jpg

Abandoned ideas (at least for now):
    - lip spoiler,
    - new radio with GPS navigation,
    - LEDs in tail lights (every time I turned the lights on with LED bulbs in tail lights, one of the LEDs in the middle break light would light up!).

I'll take nicer pictures once the weather gets a bit better. For now, just a small collection of older shots of my parents' Omega, my Catera at various stages, and my cousin's Catera. Hope you'll find those interesting.

-- Matt

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport

Hello Guys! i made some Strips on my Cat and want to know what u think about it!
    Currently only hood, front bumper and grill is done, strips on the side and through the whole bumper from left to right u painted on my phone Galaxy Note, just to see on picture how its gonna look like if i will paint front and sides.

pictures that were just drawn:

Please let me know what u think!!!!! Thank you

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Don't hate me but the stripes don't do it for me. I like the wheels and blacked out grill though.
    Cadillac_Fan likes this.

xbrandonwilsonx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera

A Little Memento I'm gonna keep, and created, to remember this adventure into a "new" car with most everything wrong on the list after 4months of ownership when purchased... to reading endlessly, as well as spending, so I could attempt too many 1st Time crash courses in things I've never touched before... and watching it all come together while too many said nothing positive the entire way... As i've been troubleshooting final pieces still as solo as the beginning (Locally that is.... This forum freaking rocks!!) I'm still loving this car, Still keeping it now that I know it better than any other, Still Saving tons from my own hands and able to when nothing else couldve been an option. Excited to put it back to pavement........ and attaching an audio file currently, to the Overhaul Progressional Picture, of my rebuilt engine's firing up to a strong idle and a little fun after, which will be sent to my supportive and uplifting friends, family, and co-workers who "believed" in me

Very pretty.

CodyCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01' Cadillac Catera

Hey guys, Today was pretty nice and I got home from school early. So I decided to take some pictures of my 01' Cadillac Catera.

Specs:
    Black in color
    Body Damage (from previous owner)
    The cheapest rims Discount Tire offers, with Pirelli P6's.
    04 GTO springs in the rear.
    New rear differential
    New CPS and ECM
    And many small things that I dont remember.

38hTNELh.jpg
    2OgSfVTh.jpg
    LKGdpr3h.jpg
    22p5iyQh.jpg

Cosmetic wise I plan on making her all aggressive looking. New, or, repair the headlights and install some HID's. Dark tint on the rear half with a light tint on the front. Lowering springs. Also some 25mm wheel spacers, with new rims and tires of course. I also need a new front passenger fender, and that bottom
    headlight housing (small black strip thats between the bumper and headlight itself. The fog lights only seem to work when the corresponding turn signal is on. I might keep the rear bumper ziptied. (Kinda gives it a grunge look in my honest opinion.

Mechanical wise She needs new valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets. Once I have everything taken apart I'll clean up the upper engine bay.

The hood doesn't close all the way. The battery is to big Whoops and the hood release doesn't work.

If anyone could point me in the right direction for some running boards and the jack caps that would be be great.

First off, Welcome to the nuthouse. Second, the lights that come on with the signals are turning lights to illuminate the road you're turning onto. Yeah, completely useless but there they are. The fog lights are inboard of them.

Love the color. Too bad about the damage though. Your best bet as far as the parts you need is to find someone parting out their Catera here or on the Yahoo Catera forum.

You wouldn't know what the best plan of attack is for cleaning the headlight? They have a bad haze on them. I've tried some blue headlight lens restorer ann toothpaste, each didn't seem to help.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    They need to be sanded and polished. Either get a headlight restoration kit, or progressive grits if wet sand paper (from 800-2000) and machine polish. Either way, take your time, or they won't come out good.

Thanks Moist. I'll look around for higher grit sand paper. Any polishes you recommend?

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    I use Presta products, body shop supply shop or online only.

But you need a rotary buffing tool to use the types of polish I'm talking about. A hand polish isn't going to take off sand scratches very well. If you don't have the polisher and proper pads (I'm assuming you don't), just buy a kit.

I've polished mine using a kit I bought at Advanced Auto. It's called Crystal View and comes in a silver foil package. It did a good job on mine but admittedly they weren't that fogged. I've seen Youtube videos on headlight polishing. They might be worth a look.

IvoryWhiteCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by elvin315 View Post
    Don't hate me but the stripes don't do it for me. I like the wheels and blacked out grill though.
    Yeah, your car is fine as it sits. Definitely one of the nicer ones around here, but elvin315 takes the cake.

humbucker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): #irmscherMV6

Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker finally posting on the forum. Pics of my 3.2-litre Irmscher MV6 project can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/irmscherMV6.

Full project updates feature in the fantastic 'Total Vauxhall' magazine in the UK each month, but you can follow online summaries by liking the Facebook page and by following on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/irmscherMV6
    https://twitter.com/irmscherMV6.

There's a full project description at the following link. It should be a real 'rags to riches' story when done. That's the plan anyway!

https://www.facebook.com/IrmscherMV6/info

Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/irmscherMV6

globuslive likes this.

globuslive is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera 2000 & Catera 2001

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.