Anyone have good engine mount?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Anyone have good engine mount? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey my old 98 catera is believed to have a bad engine mount which i believe is passenger side front. ...
    PEETYZ is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Anyone have good engine mount?

Hey my old 98 catera is believed to have a bad engine mount which i believe is passenger side front. Does anyone parting out a catera have some good engine mounts? I could run to local yard but i dont think they have a catera

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

srinne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Anyone have good engine mount?

Sorry....does anyone know the GM part number for this? I'm sure someone has the documents from the dealers that has all the part numbers and pictures of every part. (if you have this on PDF or any other version, can you please email me or post them

Or, are there any Poly engine mounts? Has anyone experimented with solid mounts? (turning them out of solid aluminum)

PS.
    There are only two motor mounts on your car (driver's side and passenger side) -- the rear of the engine is bolted to the transmission--which only has one mount.

PEETYZ is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by srinne View Post
    Sorry....does anyone know the GM part number for this? I'm sure someone has the documents from the dealers that has all the part numbers and pictures of every part. (if you have this on PDF or any other version, can you please email me or post them

Or, are there any Poly engine mounts? Has anyone experimented with solid mounts? (turning them out of solid aluminum)

PS.
    There are only two motor mounts on your car (driver's side and passenger side) -- the rear of the engine is bolted to the transmission--which only has one mount.

I thought that might be the case glad it only has 2 and the bad one seems to be on passenger side (easier to get to) ahh gmparts direct should have diagram and part number

JRomano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Catera

I'm curious if anyone has changed the 3 mounts (2 engine, 1 transmission) and noticed any difference?
    My Catera has 123k miles on it and the shifter handle really jostles around and the engine really feels like it flops around when giving or letting off the gas. I also noticed a hard evap system tube has snapped that goes from the strut tower to the back of the engine. The only reason I can think of it snapping is excessive engine movement. I realize the stock engine mounts are designed to hold the engine reliably while still being comfortable. Has anyone found any heavy duty Rubber or Delrin or Poly mounts?
    Has anyone actually tried the Poly transmission mounts? I feel like they are "universal" POS items but without firsthand knowledge of even knowing what the stock mount looks like I can only guess as to what the aftermarket pieces are like?
    Is there another car that uses the same engine mounts that might be able to lead us to some higher density items?
    I'm used to driving old 85-92 VWs with teeth chattering, kidney beating, vision blurring engine/trans mounts and suspension. So the Catera is like a loafy couch on wheels by comparison for now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.