tires and rims...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, tires and rims... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; any clue what bolt pattern are on the WS6? or if these will fit my 98 catera with minor mods? ...
    gunther1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

tires and rims...

any clue what bolt pattern are on the WS6? or if these will fit my 98 catera with minor mods?

http://nashville.craigslist.org/pts/615889191.html

I have always loved them...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Re: tires and rims...

I don't see how. The bolt patterns aren't even close. The Firebird offset is greater but it'll take actuall measurements to tell if there are clearance problems. My wheels have +40mm offset but the Catera will handle +/-5mm. I also have 25mm spacers on the rear but none on the front. The wheel specs are from TireRack.com

CORRECTION:It seems the Pontiac bolt pattern is expressed in a radius. The Catera pattern is expressed by the distance between opposite bolts. Another site lists the Firebird pattern as 5x120.7mm (http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse...._Reference.cfm)

2002 Pontiac Firebird
    Bolt Pattern: 5x4.75 inch radius (5x120.7mm)
    Offset: 50mm
    Rec. Tire Size: 275/40-17

1998 Cadillac Catera
    Bolt Patern: 5x110mm
    Offset: 40mm
    Rec. Tire Size: 235/45-17

Wheel Spec Explanations
    http://www.yokohamatire.com/utcustom.asp
    http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
    https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

Elvin

? I guess Im way off, I thought the Catera was 5X115 Bolt Pattern? Same as the Chevy cobalt,HHR,Aurora,Grand Prix,And others... Those Wheels were listed as 5x115 by the seller when asked... Not sure on the off set but they would look great and 275 should be more grip than a guy could ask for.

5X110? Is this the final word on the Catera? I will go with that if some of the powers that be here say so.

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Well if anyone wants any wheel info... i got some...

Catera wheels are 5/110mm bolt pattern with a 39mm offset for the 17x7.5" wheels... also the Inner bore diam... is 65.1mm... if the wheel doesnt match that you will need hubcentric adapters which go from the wheel diam to 65.1mm in order to properly distribute the load on the hub...

I have 2 sets of wheels that I will be looking to sell soon if anyone is interested let me know...
    1st set is Catera Sport wheels, preped and waiting for some free time for some fresh paint, they had some scratches on the surface and I decided to fix them up and paint them as a winter set but now I have changed my mind...
    Price is negotiable...

2nd set is a 18x8 GM wheels that were used to debut the Solstice/Sky platform... they had tires on but the one set that I got never saw the road or a car for that matter they were more for a show piece... so they are brand new. They are forged and extremely light, around 18lbs/pc 10spoke... I think they have a 55mm offset so you will need DRA spacers to fit them... but they will probably look sick on anyones car...

here is a pic...

thanks, what kinda price are you looking at for each?

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Well I am not sure as to what these cost new but I talked to many people and they said these should sell for a min of 150/pop, Forged wheels are expensive apparently... the only problem as I said the Offset is too big for our cars.. and you will need the DRA spacers to bring them to spec.

hooked up is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

hey people i have a catera 1997 that is have no problems what so ever with this car other than reg. maintainance. i got a nice body kit for it i got it put on and fits good i got it from a place in poland because its is a opel/vauxhall omega b. i got a site if anyone wants to look. it took a week for shipping cost 499 for kit and 200 for shipping ,how ever i have no rims i want 19 inch rims does anyone know if they will fit without moding anything and the rim size for the 97 catera is it the same as the 98 i believe it is but..... i tried to get lambo doors put on but noone wants to do it they are weld on hinges so dont bother with them.

Matera97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Catera (Ocean)

PM me that site please, or post it

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

This is the ebay page for the kit he bought.

click

hgqguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

to respond to gunther the catera is same as the hhr cobalt SS only g5 5 lug aura, g6 and 05 malibu (new body not classic) but these cars are a 5x110 as was mentioned. the 5x115 was the comman gm pattern, but not so much right now.. just the full/large cars still carry it.

I belive the solstice and sky are the 5x110 as mentioned. I have considered a set of cobalt ss rims for my catera.. but the slots are larger openings and I think i prefer to see more metal than air!

correct 17" on a catera is 235 45 17 or 225 50 17 mis sizing your tires will mess up your spedometer and milage acuracy. when I got my catera the dumb nuts had 215 45 17 and my milage was adding 10% more than I was driving.. so who knows how long they were on the car..

Jea3cd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00 Catera

Does anyone have 18" rims on there Cats? I would like to see some pics.

Reason I ask, is I found a set of 18" rims that I like, but was really wanting 17's.

the 18s will be fine.. go for it.. 17s are becoming obsolete. I had a bitch of a time finding 17 with 5x110 pattern that looked decent.. there are tons of 18s and 19s, but I was tring to use the tires I had.

I think tirerack has a clearance sale on some rims right now.. go look they may be sold.. but check it out. they have a thing where you can kinda see them on the car.

As long as you size the tire correctly any size is going to look good! I just bought 17 cobalt ss chromes but I gotta get the tires on and as I leared a 8mm spacer to have them sit at same width the catera sport rims sit at.

good lcuk!

cobalt set.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.