proceedure for removing the heater core?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, proceedure for removing the heater core? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know the steps involved in removing the heater core? The dealer shows it as like a 10 hour ...
    catera00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport

proceedure for removing the heater core?

Does anyone know the steps involved in removing the heater core? The dealer shows it as like a 10 hour job. But I heard you can see the core if you remove the glove box door. I cant find a manual in any auto parts store to save my life. Can someone tell me what all needs to be removed in order to get it out so I can decide if I want to do it myself. I'm handy with tools and all, I just wont bother if I have to remove the whole dash or something nuts.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cateraowner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: proceedure for removing the heater core?

whats you email.. I'll email you the alldata for the heater core replacement (but it'll be fore the 98 I don't know if it'll be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by cateraowner View Post
    whats you email.. I'll email you the alldata for the heater core replacement (but it'll be fore the 98 I don't know if it'll be the same.
    roekone@hotmail.com
    Thanks a lot. If it isnt exactly the same, at least it will give me an idea

cateraowner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

ok just got to work and sinc eI have a pdf writer here I thought I'd post it up for future needs
    Attached Files

thanks so much. I really appreciate it

parkerhouse4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 cadillac catera

procedure to remove i/p carrier?

catera_cad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

hey guys

For the past couple days, whenever I wake up in the morning there's a puddle of coolant under my car, and I just took it now to the mechanic and he tells me there's no leak in the coolant... I don't get it. I know it's coolant, but he checked and says there's no leak. It's on the driver's side, sorta under the engine. When I got under the car, I saw coolant dripping off one of the hoses, and also off the petcock, so now I'm trying to figure out if it's one of the hoses that's leaking, or the water pump, or if it's the heater core itself.

Another thing, whenever I turn on the heater, there's a coolant smell in the car after about 2-3min. I've researched it and I guess there might be a leak in the heater core itself, but could anyone give me any ideas on what to look for? Obviously the mechanics around my area aren't the most savvy and I really hate wasting money for stupidity.

Any tips, advice, suggestions?

Thanks

gvjv3 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 97 forest Green catera

One thing you might check is the HCV, the heater control value leaks onto the hot engine and the steam rises and is suck in by the fresh air vent and goes into the car, this is what happen to me, the HCV is located to the rear of the engine, top just under the firewall, follow the hose's that comes out of the overflow/reserve tank, one will go into the firewall and the other one will go to the HCV, to test this, turn your car on and put you heater on high, look under the hood to see if you can see steam from the rear top of you engine, if not, then turn your car off, wait a few minutes and follow the hose to the HCV and grab it, if it's wet, than it's leaking, it's hard to reach back there but I did it and solve my problem

----------

oh, unless there's coolant on your floor in the car then's there's no leak inside, what you smell is steam coolant that is being suck in from outside thu your fresh air vent

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

If the coolant is dripping off the petcock of the radiator, chances are that there is a crack in the plastic end tank of the radiator. Check around where the hose from the engine goes into the radiator on the driver's side.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.