Sub Frame Bolts --Missing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Sub Frame Bolts --Missing in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Okay guys I really need your help again. I had to have the engine replaced in my Catera after only ...
    jcmills99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 00 Catera Sport

Sub Frame Bolts --Missing

Okay guys I really need your help again. I had to have the engine replaced in my Catera after only 66k miles b/c for some reason oil wasnt getting to the bottom of the engine (according to the mechanic) anyway the long and the short of it is, after getting my car back from having the engine replaced I took it to goodyear to have the tires aligned...the person doing the alignment asked me into the bay to look underneath my car and showed me two different spots where two bolts where missing from the sub frame and how it was hanging down, touching the tie rod in one spot. The mechanic where I had the engine replaced was in my parents home town 80 miles away, he advised that it probably wouldnt be safe driving it back down there to have the bolts replaced and that I could get it done here in memphis, but he didnt know what the bolts were called (sub frame bolts?) or where I might get them at besides maybe the cadillac dealership or a transmission shop....so I'm calling on you guys to see maybe if you know where I could get these bolts, what the actual name for them is, and just where I should start looking in general....Thanks in advance for any help you all can be

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M.A.C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS-V8

Re: Sub Frame Bolts --Missing

Sounds like you're talking where the engine cradle/frame connects to the body. There are bolts which are torqued to about 76 lbs. ft. This connection point will also have Frame Insulators which have 5 parts:

1. Bolt
    2. Retainer
    3. Insulator (lower)
    4. Insulator (upper)
    5. spacer

I believe all associated parts must be purchased from GM, if available.

Edit: Newgmparts.com has these parts:
    When searching for parts see: Front Suspension then Subframe Member and go from there.

Army_MP_From_MO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac

Re: Sub Frame Bolts --Missing

You brought this one back to life

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.