Can't wait!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Can't wait!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    MyOpel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera Y57XE

Talking Can't wait!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PEETYZ is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Can't wait!!!

no way man that yours? how? where? how much? lol details please

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Well congradulations and welcome to my "People I hate" club, thats just a joke of course, I love it, I bet its going to be the first unique V8 OEM catera ever... Should be sweet, I assume a manual transmission with that right?
    Got any of the other parts, PCM, Subframe, Suspension stuff,... come on tell us more...

cateraowner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

common.... you can't leave us hanging like that... that's just down right mean...

details dammit .... DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well if that's all your then congrats.....

Is that an LS1?

5.7L LS1 I believe, it was supposed to be right around 300HP... Here are the specs...
    engine
    Code
    Manufacturer GM
    Type V-8
    Wet sumped
    OHV
    16 valves total
    2 valves per cylinder
    Main bearings 5
    Construction
    Bore ◊ stroke 99.00mm ◊ 92.00mm
    3.9 in ◊ 3.62 in
    Bore/Stroke ratio 1.08
    Displacement 5666 cc
    (345.761 cu in)
    Unitary capacity 708.25 cc/cylinder
    Compression ratio
    Fuel system EFi
    Aspiration Normal
    Compressor type N/A
    Intercooler None
    Catalytic Converter Y
    Max. output 309.2 PS (305.0 bhp) (227.4 kW)
    @5600 rpm
    Max. torque 450.0 Nm (332 lbft) (45.9 kgm)
    @4400 rpm
    Maximum rpm
    Coolant Water
    Specific output 53.8 bhp/litre
    0.88 bhp/cu in
    Specific torque 79.42 Nm/litre

why do the vettes and camaro and gto with ls1 have 350 hp

Probably different engine tuning and perhaps better exhaust and intake and maybe even different cams...

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging haha. I would have thought some of you might have seen the Y57XE in my avatar by now.
    I bought the kit from Lingenfelter several months ago
    In January I picked up this LS1+T56(6 speed) from a 2000 Trans AM WS6 with only 18k on it. This motor was rated at 320hp
    Base Camaroís and Firebirds are rated at 305 and the corvette is rated at 350. Essentially the ls1 long block is the same the only differences that effect performance are the intake and exhaust.
    I still have plenty to do before I can put this motor in. Iím in the process of removing all the firebird accessories then I plan on mounting the engine on an engine stand so it is simpler to install the GTO oil pan and a little something to help performance
    I hope to remove the v6 in the summer but seeing as this is my daily driver there may be delays. As with all custom projects I will probably hit a few speed bumps along the way. Iím trying to figure everything out before starting the swap in hopes to minimize delays.

Boris is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Holy wet dream, Batman.

I'm watching this thread.

Good stuff i know you put down a few bucks for all that huh? you will have the catera that should have been made and that everyone on here wants lucky you =) seeing the exhaust i would not add a resonator or muffler to rear of car it looks as if it has two mufflers already similar to stock setup minus the resonator we have in the back if its too loud add it but i bet it sounds mean as it is but i don't know how loud the mufflers are. first pic of engine posted i thought no way this guy got the test opel v8 engine/s looking closer i could tell it was the ls1 about power i also heard that the trans am and camaro ls1 were under rated in power saying 320 they were more like 340 but intake and exhaust can make a good difference only one way for u to find out DYNO TIME lol Keep us posed with the project and good luck (if im ever in toronto I have to get a ride lol )

Hey guys, havenít been on here too much lately. My conversion is moving along slowly.
    My Status: Iím still collecting parts. I have taken the Trans am accessories off the motor, removed the transmission and mounted the engine to an engine stand. I plan to do a cam swap and with the engine on the stand it just makes things simpler. I have also ported and polished the MAF and am currently working on the TB. I had the wiring harness laid out and removed all the plastic wrap and electrical tape, the modifications to the wiring will be done when the motor is in the car (so I know the location of the different sensors and can make the harness with very little slack).

There are a few things to note-The kit includes many of the items needed but itís not complete.
    -CV shafts are not included, you need to get GTO shafts and have them shortened.
    -GTO oil pan IS included but you need to get the widage tray, oil pump pickup tube and dipstick.
    -The AC compressor to block bracket is not included. The f-body bracket is different and wont fit, the lq4/9 bracket might fit but I have not gotten one yet so Iím not sure.
    -mid section of the exhaust is not included. Manifolds, cats and the rear resonator with tip are included but the pipes are larger then the V6 exhaust so the mid section needs to be fabricated (cat to resonator with muffles).
    -The engine bay wiring harness is not included. This is the fun part.
    -No fuel pump included, Lingenfelter has designed a kit to make a walbro pump fit but Iíll cost you extra, I havenít picked mine up yet so I cant comment on install.
    -The kit does not come with instructions. There are many brackets and parts, I have figured out where most of the parts go (except for 2 brackets). If you have never worked extensively under the hood of a car this will be very difficult. I have taken pictures of several assemblies and will post them later
    Also the kit is for an automatic so if you plan on doing a manual swap you need the manual parts from an Opel Omega.
    I highly recommend getting the LS1 out of a 2001-2002 f-body. The intake was from an LS6 and did not have the EGR system and the conversion is not intended for it either. Also the f-body cars have a very similar accessory system so the crank pulley will lineup with the accessories.

I should have some more pictures later tonight.

PEETYZ: Thanks, the goal is to have a great catera! I got the suspension and rims from the steinmetz catera and now the V8 kit! I haven't decided how to go about the exhaust yet, Iím playing around with the idea of complete custom dull 3" but as this is my daily driver I might not like it loud all the time (more for my passengerís sake)
    GM definitely underrated the camaro There are many putting down 300+ at the wheels. I'm doing a cam swap prior to installing the motor so unfortunately I cant do a b4 and after dyno, but with the cam I have chosen Iíll need to get it dyno tuned so Iíll definitely let you know how that goes.

Ported and polished the maf. Most people will just cut the cross bar out and clean up, I took it one step further I enlarged the opening from 75mm to 77mm and polished her up nicely. In the pic the stock one has the screen removed, on mine it can also be removed.

Ported and polished TB. Itís hard to see in the pic but the stock one has a bump in front of the throttle blade that reduces the id from 75mm to about 72mm. Of course I removed that bump. Still have some more to do before itís done.

And as promised some pics of some Omega v8 assemblies:
    Shift position Switch for 4L60E

Power steering pump, different then f-body

Mitsubishi alternator with brackets to fit LS1

Cruise control unit:

ECU bracket top and interface module bottom:

Interface thingy goes where the stock ecu is. Unfortunately we donít know the pin-outs so I wonít be using this.

f-body engine harness spread out:

Nice stuff thats a lot of tech stuff to look over and make sure you have correct but you seem to be on it keep us posted awsome swap

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.