Can't wait!!! - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Can't wait!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Check this out http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...odded-cat.html Read post #8. I am pretty sure the Catera V sports the GTO diff now. The ...
    BattleCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera

Re: Can't wait!!!

Check this out http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...odded-cat.html

Read post #8. I am pretty sure the Catera V sports the GTO diff now. The owner seems to be taunting me.

Catera V any input.

IvoryWhiteCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by BattleCAT View Post

Read post #8. I am pretty sure the Catera V sports the GTO diff now. The owner seems to be taunting me.

Catera V any input.
    Quote Originally Posted by elvin315 View Post
    It's already been done. No details on it. Found it posted for sale last year I think.

Notice the clutch pedal.

LS1
    i wonder how much it went for.

Swap doesn't look too bad either.

It's starting to make me drool right now, in fact.

MyOpel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera Y57XE

Catera V any input.
    He has the same BTR (omega V8) diff as i have. Post 21
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post1935378

That was two years ago. His 2011 post says he has a GTO diff. A lot an happen in two years. I vote he has it. Making it even more awesome and 6th gear more usable. Considering the car and the owner I would say highly likely. Only he knows for sure so until he replies we can both be correct.

I made some wood motor mounts that are 3/4" shorter than the omega v8 mounts and now the engine fits! now to make the mounts out of aluminum.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by MyOpel View Post
    Sorry for leaving you guys hanging haha. I would have thought some of you might have seen the Y57XE in my avatar by now.
    I bought the kit from Lingenfelter several months ago
    In January I picked up this LS1+T56(6 speed) from a 2000 Trans AM WS6 with only 18k on it. This motor was rated at 320hp
    Base Camaro’s and Firebirds are rated at 305 and the corvette is rated at 350. Essentially the ls1 long block is the same the only differences that effect performance are the intake and exhaust.
    I still have plenty to do before I can put this motor in. I’m in the process of removing all the firebird accessories then I plan on mounting the engine on an engine stand so it is simpler to install the GTO oil pan and a little something to help performance
    I hope to remove the v6 in the summer but seeing as this is my daily driver there may be delays. As with all custom projects I will probably hit a few speed bumps along the way. I’m trying to figure everything out before starting the swap in hopes to minimize delays.

Yup, looks like an average day in my living room.

Glad to see you got it to fit. Great fabrication skills. I started a new job and have had no time to work on my Cat.

alu motor mounts

trans cross member and exhaust hanger test fit

modded GTO shifter

Thats what I'm talking about! Looks great. And those motor mounts are Awesome. I am nursing a semi right now. Fans, radiator, coolant bottle, covers in place, shifter mounted. Looks like you're almost ready to ride.
    Again, great information on a stellar build.
    Just one question. The GTO shifter came up there naturally or did you have to bend it a little?

Just one question. The GTO shifter came up there naturally or did you have to bend it a little?
    Thanks. The shifter (part attached to trany) is a factory f-body Hurst, the stick and knob is from a gto and fits the shifter but the knob is on an angle so i had to pop the knob off the shaft and grind a new grove into the shaft. in the picture the shifter is actually in 2nd gear and if i were to put it in first my knuckles would hit the ashtray. i still need to make a plate to relocate it about 2.5" back.

Catera V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 catera

Catera V any input.
    Hi, I have not been on for awhile. As you have stated it is not a kit just a place to start. The parts came from GM. We got them to convert some development Catera's to LS1 configuration from Opel. Other mods will be required. The GTO diff is a good installation. The rear covers will exchange but the front mounting is completely different and changes to the front of the diff must be made. I think the GTO guts will fit in the 3.07 from the kit but I did not confirm it. Another alternative might be the GTO subframe into the Catera but I do not know about width, investigation would be required. You only have to shorten the Lh drive axle. The extra diff width is all on that side. T1

Catera V,
    Do you still have the 3.08 from the kit? Very interested if you do. Seems like the easy way to get the GTO diff in a Catera. Im sure if the cover fits the internals fit. Also is there a part number for the cover? Thanks

vziggs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera

I have one of the few kits from Lingenfelter for sale. Was all set up to do the swap and unfortunately had some expenses come up. Was forced to sell the Catera and now the kit.
    There is a bunch of stuff here- I would like to sell it all together as I purchased it.

If anyone has any interest and wants to make an offer, please pm or call me at 6o3-2o4-745o.

Thanks, Jim

Very interested. What all does it include? How much to ship to TX 77541? Not sure how to PM.

vziggs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera

Very interested. What all does it include? How much to ship to TX 77541? Not sure how to PM.
    I don't want to tie up the thread. Please shoot me an email and I can give you the details. Here is my address
    If you would like, feel free to call my cell which is posted on the previous reply.

Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.