Can't wait!!! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Can't wait!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Interesting read. Your right, it seems like it would be a pain to get that to work. Has that Hans ...
    Black02SLPSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Can't wait!!!

Interesting read. Your right, it seems like it would be a pain to get that to work. Has that Hans Gruber guy finished his swap or is he still working on it?

calicago is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dude are you done yet

MyOpel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera Y57XE

It's not easy doing an engine swap on a Daily Driver, especially when you need it daily. There is a slim possibility that I'll do the swap over the winter but it's most likely going to take place early next summer when I have the Corvette back on the road as backup.

calicago is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well Guy take your time and we will just stay here and salivate and drool all day untill you are done THEN WE WILL FEAST. And to all you guys that drive civics.........EAT YOUR HEART OUT

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

I wish we can get some Tech people to get together, come visit you and do a weekend swap get most of the stuff in and then just leave it to you to finish the electronics...

I am sure it cant be that bad of a swap? especially since you got most of the parts already.

I wonder how much the swap cost you so far? I am thinking of pickin up a local 5.7L GTO and doing a blower on it and call it a day... can have a 400+hp car for under 15k that looks great...

Black02SLPSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by calicago View Post
    And to all you guys that drive civics.........EAT YOUR HEART OUT
    Out of curiosity, whats with this sentence to finish off your posts?

Quote Originally Posted by CateraMV6 View Post
    I wish we can get some Tech people to get together, come visit you and do a weekend swap get most of the stuff in and then just leave it to you to finish the electronics...

I am sure it cant be that bad of a swap? especially since you got most of the parts already.

I wonder how much the swap cost you so far? I am thinking of pickin up a local 5.7L GTO and doing a blower on it and call it a day... can have a 400+hp car for under 15k that looks great...
    It's not a problem of doing it it's more of a facility issue, i need extended access to a 2 post lift because everything needs to come out the bottom and to rout the brake lines the rear sub frame needs to come out. I also don't want to rush things so when i get my other car on the road again I won't have to worry about that.
    So far I'm still under 10k including all the performance parts i have bought (roughly $2000) however i still need to get a performance clutch and the manual omega components from Germany and that might push the price to the 10k mark. also keep in mind i got a low k motor with 6speed that was a huge premium over an auto higher k motor. had i gone the auto root i think just over 5k would have been possible.
    I say go for the GTO, when i started this conversion we were not allowed to import them. about 2 months ago our government decided finally to harmonize our bumper standards.
    If you do get SC contact Arun at Canadian performance, best blower tuner out there no problem getting that 5.7 over 500 Safe rwhp itís worth the trip up here

Any update on this? where is the car standing at this point?

The car isn't standing it was hauling my butt to my new job over 100 km (65miles) one way every morning until I moved this past weekend. Because I work for an auto manufacturer, not one on the verge of bankruptcy but the pressure is still there. I'm being very careful where I spend my money before Christmas. In the New Year I should be in a better position to get the rest of the components from Europe. So all I have to update is that I got an LS6 intake and installed it on the motor along with the new injectors. I also made a trip down to Lingenfelter about a month ago to pickup some parts I was still missing from the kit. My work gives me access to a proper shop where I may be able to do the conversion, only problem is the car must be rolled out of the shop before it closes (can't leave it on the hoist over night). If thing go well at work I'll probably do the conversion sometime around March or April. But if the roomers are true and production shuts down for a few weeks in the New Year the conversion will probably happen in the summer.

Its great to hear on the progress bud, certainly keep us updated, I on the other had have been researching a 2JZ-GTE Swap from a supra... but as you can imagine the supra engines are super expensive and another way to go is a Lexus or any 2JZ motor from another car, with the proper internals and a Toyota gearbox... the package fits like a charm, there is one other Omega running this swap in Chicago, but I cant seem to find the guy at all... I was talking to a local Supra Tuner shop and they said they did the swap for him, and it cost him around 11K... out the door... so I am seriously leaning this way... thos monsters can put out 600-1000hp... with a turn of the boost pressure valve.

iiF3LiXii is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

How's is coming?>

Sorry for not updating for so long. Unfortunately things arenít going as smooth as I had hoped but this conversion will happen this year. I have purchased the Omega pedals and had them sent to a family member in Germany. At the absolute latest Iíll start ripping my car apart at the end of June.

CateraMV6
    Are you going to do the 2jz swap? I always believed our cars should have had an inline 6, if i was in Europe I would have tried to do an imitation lotus omega TT motor. Just don't get hung up on those power #. Turning up the boost isn't going to get you 600+hp.

Talking Re: Can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyOpel View Post
    Sorry for not updating for so long. Unfortunately things arenít going as smooth as I had hoped but this conversion will happen this year. I have purchased the Omega pedals and had them sent to a family member in Germany. At the absolute latest Iíll start ripping my car apart at the end of June.

CateraMV6
    Are you going to do the 2jz swap? I always believed our cars should have had an inline 6, if i was in Europe I would have tried to do an imitation lotus omega TT motor. Just don't get hung up on those power #. Turning up the boost isn't going to get you 600+hp.

Turning up the boost isnt going to do 600hp but there are so many parts for those cars and so many shops that work on them and know them well that I am sure one can be put in the car for somewhere between 4-6k... maybe more depending on the upgrades... but seen it happen before and it sounds like a nice upgrade to me...

V8s are awesome but theres nothing like the rush of power when that turbo spools and the rear tires loose it... . LOL...

I cant wait to see that V8 Catera man...
    As for mine I doubt I will be doing any upgrades any time soon..
    This guy from the euro forum had swapped the 2.0L Ecotec motor good for about 260hp... and a buch of weight savings so I am debating if I should go that way or spare some money and get a used 2001-2003 M5... and call it a day...

BTW Saw this car on youtube...is that your Catera?

Looks like it may have Steinmetz wheels and yours is the only one I can think of at the moment..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vVLyyC1k8M"]YouTube - SCION VS CADILLAC CATERA[/ame]

No, looks like it's a 97-99

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.