02 Sensor question and problems p0133 p0154 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 02 Sensor question and problems p0133 p0154 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by linopizzolanti The car is used, I bought about three years ago. What happened was I hade the ...
    satse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 02 Sensor question and problems p0133 p0154

Quote Originally Posted by linopizzolanti View Post
    The car is used, I bought about three years ago. What happened was I hade the two previous codes p0133 and p0154, basically saying that the front two sensors were not good. I tried to clean them like someone posted earlier but to no avail. I purchsed two aftermarket ones, universal type for $35 a piece. Cut the old ones out and spliced the new ones in. Cleared the codes and drove around for an hour until chk engine light came back on. took it to autozone and they scanned it. this time $ new codes popped up, the low voltage on all four sensors. I then de-did the wiring again, making sure that I had a tight connection but it didn't change the codes, same codes, low voltage. I did check the fuses in the ECM and they are all good except the one related to the fan. Changed that and now the fan is working like it should but i stll have these codes, low voltage coming up on all four sensors.

I do hear the pump at start up so i know that is working.

I am wondering if installing sensors that are not OEM or maybe a wrong sensor will set them all off. I ordered a sensor for the cadillac but i am wondering if maybe the sensor is the wrong kind. Ironically the first two codes, well they are gone. What do u think about the sensors being the wrong ones? Thanks for your help.

I would highly suggest using quality sensors. $35/ea sounds really cheap. As PEETYZ suggested, the NGK ones at www.summitracing.com will work well. I installed one and have not had any trouble since. It was around $80 and a direct fit. OME was $180 or so for the Bosch. Could be a fault in the wiring harness. If you have the old sensors, pop them in the front again and see if the 4 codes pop up again or just the 2.

linopizzolanti is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just purchased two sensors from Summit for 150.33. Direct fit. I will keep you posted as to what happens. Thanks for all your help.

frank moran is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera, ..

Quote Originally Posted by satse View Post
    I would highly suggest using quality sensors. $35/ea sounds really cheap. As PEETYZ suggested, the NGK ones at www.summitracing.com will work well. I installed one and have not had any trouble since. It was around $80 and a direct fit. OME was $180 or so for the Bosch. Could be a fault in the wiring harness. If you have the old sensors, pop them in the front again and see if the 4 codes pop up again or just the 2.
    This is a good suggestion, you stared out with the two front sensors giving a slow response code, now all 4 are producing codes. To reduce some effort get a known good sensor wiith the pigtail and connector in place, see what you get. One other thought, before the problem started were there any fuel issues, alchohol, water etc., slow response is often related to contamination, vacum leaks, exhust leaks....etc. It is very possible one of the sensors you put in is bad, all the sensors are tied together. The reason I mention the fuel, is that it is very rare both sensors go out w the same problem. Just a thought.

Yeah, I just realized that all i probably had to do was clean them and it would have cleared. I think i might have had a faulty gas cap if you ask me because it started one day when i put bad gas in it.

PEETYZ is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Hows the new sensors working out?

I have to wait two weeks for them to come in. I will keep everyone posted as to what happens.

Hey everyone: I want to thank everyone that help, with their knowledge and expertise, on helping me trouble shoot my problem and get it fixed. I FINALLY PASSED INSOECTION!!!!!!! tHANKS!!!!!! I finally passed inspection with the new O2 sensors from summitracing. They were a bitch to get in and I did have to wait 2 weeks for them but in the end they were perfect. Each part was $70.00 and it was well worth the wait. Again I thank evryone who helped.

jo3y is offline Cadillac Owners Member

linopizzolanti do you have that part # for the o2 sencers having the same prob.

thanks, joey

bookie0116 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed7092 View Post
    i had the same problem, i found a post here about somebody saying to take the O2 sensors apart and clean them with a spray cleaner i can't remember what i used, but it worked, now i don't have a check engine light and it's been good for 3 months.
    02 sensors? Where are they located so i can clean mines? Could this be the reason my car doesn't start sometimes? My check engine light used to come on and go off frequently. But now it's come on and stayed on.

Army_MP_From_MO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac

Bookie,
    Drive it by Autozone and they will read the codes and give you a prinout with the codes and an explanation of the codes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.