Coolant leak and hesitation + strange pipe
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Coolant leak and hesitation + strange pipe in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 1. Every few days when I turn the car on it runs very rought. It seems to almost stall and ...
    monkeyboyx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Coolant leak and hesitation + strange pipe

1. Every few days when I turn the car on it runs very rought.
    It seems to almost stall and you have to realy push the gas to make it go. It also starts to leak coolant at the same time. Its in the back of the engine but its not the heater valve on top but its leaking from the back of the engine on top of the transmission. If you leave the car off for an hour or so you turn the car on again and its fine. I think its one of the hoses coming down from the heater valve on top.

Do you guys thing I just need to replace the hose in the back or the clamp. Does anybody have a diagram of what the hell is in the back of the engine. I found a way of getting the hoses but what should I do. Why is it leaking is it a bad pipe or clamp or something worse.

http://home.comcast.net/~psxtech/Coolant.JPG

2. Found a stange plastic pipe that does not seem to be pluged into anything on one end. Any ideas.

http://home.comcast.net/~psxtech/Plastic_Pipe.JPG

Can somebody send a diagram or picture of the back of the engine or point me to a website.

Thanks
    psxtech@comcast.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Speedingpenguin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Coolant leak and hesitation + strange pipe

Well your pages arent working, so if you could upload the pics to here it would be easier probably. As for the rough idle? LOL
    you MIGHT wanna check out that IAC valve of yours ;-) haha
    What year is it?
    Get some pics and it might be easier.

Oh, and, Welcome to the Cadillac Forums
    Hope you enjoy your stay here, hopefully you dont have a 97 like I do (LOTS of problems)
    You'll find alot of help here :-)

I fixed the links to the pictures.

Mine is a 98 so it has the same problems as the 97 i guess.
    Only thing I have is that collant leak and a small hole in the emission BS on the left side of the engine. I almost got to it, had to take off the bottow heatshield. The top heatshield is attached to the exhaust begind the engine....whooooo sweet..
    Who designed this car..jesus...I thought the Germans know what they are doing.

yeah, you may have to move/remove ALOT of stuff to work on the engine.....i'd say just get the stuff you need and choose a nice warm (but not hot) weekend to get the car up on jackstands, disconnect as much of the wires and hoses you can, and just do what needs to be done. I'll look for some more info for you in a minute....

OK...just looked at the pics (was in a hurry the first time), first things first i'd get a can of degreaser and clean all the gunk and dirt out of the engine bay area....it will just make things a hullova lot easier to work with, and you can make the engine bay and the engine look cleaner than new for less than 2 bucks, so its something that I think is DEFINATLY worth it, if for nothing else then to just make your car look cleaner. The black tube in the second picture i'm not sure what its for....in a while i'll go out and look on mine, see if its the same. If you can see where the leak is from, and you want a quick and easy fix, you could just go buy some leak fixer stuff from Autozone....even something like JB Weld would probably work, although it would be harder to remove than something like liquid gasket.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.