Nexen Tires: N5000
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Nexen Tires: N5000 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Anyone running Nexen tires? Opinions, remarks, comments? Need new tires (for my girlfriends Matrix XR) and the Nexen N5000, are ...
    Resilient is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 98

Nexen Tires: N5000

Anyone running Nexen tires?

Opinions, remarks, comments?

Need new tires (for my girlfriends Matrix XR) and the Nexen N5000, are in the 'right' price range for the type of tire we need to replace the Potenza's (it's a lease car and it WILL be returned).

Then the next question will be anyone running Nexen's on their Cat's ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cateraowner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Nexen Tires: N5000

I had nexens n2000 in my celica. they were pretty good, had no complaints. not sure what the difference between the n2000 and n5000 are though.

Tony_Hanna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '92 Eldorado TC

I'm seriously thinking about putting a set of n2000's on my Eldo. I've read some mixed reviews about them. Most of the good came from people who actually owned a set. The bad seemed mostly to be comments from people who didn't believe you could get a good tire for that low of a price. I'm not sure on the n5000's, but I would think Google would turn up a good list of opinions on them.
    Tony

well being sold at walmart doesn't give it a great reputation.

but if you use it for regular driving you won't have a problem with it. I was constently on the highway doing a constant 160km/hr and had no problems.

I think the only difference you might see if you start racing. I don't know how these will handle. but I'd deffinatly get another set when my cat needs new tires.

and I love how the tread looks...

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by cateraowner View Post
    well being sold at walmart doesn't give it a great reputation.

but if you use it for regular driving you won't have a problem with it. I was constently on the highway doing a constant 160km/hr and had no problems.

I think the only difference you might see if you start racing. I don't know how these will handle. but I'd deffinatly get another set when my cat needs new tires.

and I love how the tread looks...
    I'm glad to hear that. Most of my driving is back and forth to work mostly highway. How do they do in the wet stuff? The tread pattern looks like it would do really well in the rain but looks can be deceiving...

wet stuff id pretty good that I could tell.. I drove to edmonton in the rain at 120 km/hr and had no problems.

heres a thread from a local forum in calgary. the weather here is pretty weird, so if it works here you should have no problems in..... WV??? don't know what state that is

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/99533/nex...s-good-or-bad/

Quote Originally Posted by cateraowner View Post
    wet stuff id pretty good that I could tell.. I drove to edmonton in the rain at 120 km/hr and had no problems.

heres a thread from a local forum in calgary. the weather here is pretty weird, so if it works here you should have no problems in..... WV??? don't know what state that is

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/99533/nex...s-good-or-bad/
    Thanks, sounds good.
    WV = West Virginia. It's the funny shaped state between Virginia and Ohio.

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

I would make a guess that they may be louder then lets say higher priced tire... and they might wear fast or be somewhat slippery on wet roads but if she is an easy driver then those should last... I have a friend who uses them on his M3 and he loves them but he says they suck in snow and wet in general otherwise great for dry traction...

Sp far:
    -a bit louder than the RE92's

But overall, traction is pretty good even in snow.... then again anything would be better than the bald RE92 she was running... :-)

caddynate is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts w/3.6

Thumbs down Re: Nexen Tires: N5000

would not recommend at all. dealership put these on my used cts and they are horrible if u love the caddy ride. It completely takes away the ride. I will say they grip very good. for a leased car, saving money on tires can be good. The tred design looks flashy, just not smooth on the road.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.