jefferyG and Speedingpenguin
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, jefferyG and Speedingpenguin in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Thought I'd ask you 2, and anyone else that might know. How much of a shot of nitrous do you ...
    mytmous is offline Cadillac Owners Member

jefferyG and Speedingpenguin

Thought I'd ask you 2, and anyone else that might know.

How much of a shot of nitrous do you think these things could hold with out taxing it too much?

50/75/100 shot?

I figure 50, but maybe 75, 100 not on my car, but I just wonder what ya'll think?

it would be a wet kit.....opps said to much....I mean, Uh...
    Hypothetically, oh course...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Speedingpenguin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: jefferyG and Speedingpenguin

well just because i dont know how easy it would be to replace internal stuff (rods, pistons, etc.), i would go easy on the juice.....
    I wouldnt go more than a 75 shot, but most likely i'd stay with a 50 shot of n2o
    Post if you actually do this, it would be interesting to see. It probably wouldnt kill you to go with a 100 shot, but just to be safe, 75 would be safer. Good luck

I will post when I get it done, I'm rebuilding the air intake and all the pipeing, just have to have time to test fit some things, and I have to find a way to get to the schader valve, should at least supprize a few people with it.

take pics along the way!
    what nitrous kit are you going to use?
    N.O.S.? Zex? Nitrous Works? (I think thats the brand....)
    Get something adjustable so that you can find a level that you think is the lowest you can go while fitting your needs.....dont wanna over do it :-)

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

The Catera's V6 has thin (width) connecting rods, and i'd really caution using anything higher than 50 at first... then if it can handle it, you could go higher. Your best off changing the rods though.

Hadn't really thought of that, but yeah...you could probably use the stock rods for a little nitrous but if you were gonna use a bigger shot of nitrous, you would proably be best off replacing the rods....

_hp_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You probably could order some reinforced engine components from germany, for a larger shot, however for that price, you could probably fit a V8 in there.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

We know for a fact you can, its being done as we speak, theres an Australlian car company called Holden doing it... i gave him some info on that. The chassis is almost a spot on match from the (in simple comparison terms) new Pontiac GTO which is a Holden Commedore. And the Catera/Omega is a Holden Berlina in Au.

Saab also uses the same V6 as ours, but in a FWD configuration. Saabs connecting rods are thicker and also provide more lubrication. There's some companies in that make performance rods or im sure you could get custom made ones in the US here. $$$

All the info you wanna know on our engine, the X30XE:

http://www.valvers.com/v6/x30xe.html

Yeah I have a up it till it blows kind of thing going on, but I will try to find me some good rods and pistons before I do to much to it.

Any one had the heads off of one of these?
    are they thin walled or do they got some thickness to them?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.