97 Cat TCS and Stereo
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 97 Cat TCS and Stereo in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I recently bought a 97 Cadillac Catera. Champagne with black rag top, all black leather. As far as i can ...
    d1bo1es is offline Cadillac Owners Member

97 Cat TCS and Stereo

I recently bought a 97 Cadillac Catera. Champagne with black rag top, all black leather. As far as i can tell so far its in very good condition. The only problem i am having is that the traction control pretty much shuts off all the time on its own. Anyone else have this problem? Ill give some links with pics of my car later on. Does anyone also have a cartridge for the 12 disk CD changer i could possibly buy for cheaper than the dealership cost? Last question is, which wire on the cd changer (color) is the remote hook up so i can wire the amp right there? Thanks alot, im looking forward to posting in these forums...

-dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Re: 97 Cat TCS and Stereo

How do you mean that the TCS is going off on its own? Do you mean that its developing a problem where the trouble light shows up on the dashboard? Or, is it simply activating all the time?

Speedingpenguin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Welcome aboard! What part of NH are you in?
    Sorry I'm not selling my changer....try ebay
    Dunno whats wrong with your TCS either....
    -Chris

I mean it traction control will shut off on its own, I dont know why but the light on the dash comes on, and the tires will spin.

The light comes on... then the tires spin? Or do the tires spin and then the light comes on and the spinning stops. If thats the case than its working, if its what i described before.. than its malfunctioning at controlling the wheelspin. It could be your just not catching it quick enough (the light) to view when what happens.

i live in Fremont, its near Raymond and not far from Manchester. Umm again my TCS light on the dash comes on, on its own, whenever it wants. I could be sitting at a red light and my TCS will shut off and i can not turn it back on, even if i hit the button on the dash. It could be an electrical problem maybe, because it just shuts off on its own... Its posessed...

OK then i think i know what the problem is, the TCS not only is for traction control... but its a module that controls ABS also. It may be a brake problem, or TCS problem... reguardless, have it diagnosed for codes!

ah. I've got family over in a little town called Wilton...near Amherst....Had a great-uncle who lived in Manchester.....
    Anyway, go over to autozone and get them to get a code for you....with that it might help.
    umm...yo-yo-ma....hmm....
    make sure your pushing the button hard enough? could just be that the button needs to be pressed harder....hey, it could work...haha

What you might wanna do is just take it over to the Caddy/Chevy dealership in Nashua (if you dont know where it is, its where all the other dealerships are....i think its near Dodge, which is a little easier to find. Its tucked back a way)
    I dunno if they'd want you to pay, but you could have them tell you what the problem is, and hope that theyre honest, then just take the car and come back and report to us....if its anything like the stupid IAC valve, they're gonna want TONS of money to fix/replace the problem. A little time and a screwdriver and I fixed the IAC problem myself. Would have NEVER known what the problem was if the dealership hadn't told us. (Again, I didnt know about this forum then, so I couldnt ask here, LOL)
    Good luck with that, and look over at the cadillac forum meets board or whatever its called....
    a few of us NewEngland Caddy'ers are planning on eventually getting together up at NewEngland Dragway to have some fun. The more Caddys we could have there the more fun it would be. Plus, i gotta have SOMEONE to run against that would be fairly even....dont think any other Catera's are posting over there, so i'd be the only one :-(
    Probably will be sometime in July i think....
    I'll search around and see if i can find anything about the TCS

Yeah i go to the Drags alot, i live about 10 minutes away, i usually just go cruise hampton beach tho . Yeah any help with the TCS would be nice, its not really that big of a deal just an imperfection.. heres my car, i just took the pics.

Nice!
    I like the cateras with the black interiors alot....
    Not sure about the top, but i'm sure that it looks better in person.
    Yeah, I wouldnt worry too much about the TCS until winter....
    10 minutes away from N.E.D., wow....i'm jelous. LOL

mytmous is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'd say have the tcs switch checked first, then the rest of the system,

the remote wire is the blue wire on the cd changer hookup.

ragtop is sketchy but it does make the car look sleeker from alot of angles, idk it all matches nice, gold car, black interior, black roof, i may put my old stereo in this weekend... 1000watt xplod amp and 2 12 xplod subs, its in my gfs neon now cause i sold my old car that had it in it... anyways ill post later, penguin lemme know about the drags...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.