you have GOT to be freakin kidding me.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, you have GOT to be freakin kidding me. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So today I'm thinking about just going out there, starting the caddy up for a while....maybe taking it for a ...
    Speedingpenguin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Angry you have GOT to be freakin kidding me.

So today I'm thinking about just going out there, starting the caddy up for a while....maybe taking it for a trip up and down the street (No licence, insurance, plates, etc., LOL) to keep things moving.....since i've still gotta replace the battery, I have to jump-start it every time...No problem, have a portable jump starter in the garage, just gotta open the hood and hook it up....holy shit, whats that on the intake manifold? and on the valve covers? and all over the freakin engine compartment! ACORNS!!!!!!Now we've been having a bit of a mouse problem lately in the house, especially around the garage......little black mouse turds all over the intake manifold...now usually i'm an animal lover....last mouse we caught on that sticky-paper stuff, i just had to give the poor thing a cheeze-it (He ended up getting away, LOL)....the little field mice are cute and so small and fuzzy that i dont see how anyone could NOT like them....
    Well.....thats all changed.....once they start living under my cars hood, i no longer feel sorry for them. If i had a honda or something, they'd be worth a 10%-15% increase in power, but not with the Catera. No way.

Anyway, vacuumed as much as i could out, but it was starting to rain.....
    What should I do?
    Do i have to worry about them chewing up fuel lines, brake lines, wires, etc? What should I do?
    Thanks....

Oh, go to my cardomain site on page 3 i've got pics of the nuts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pepelepuu is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: you have GOT to be freakin kidding me.

Have a suggestion. To keep critters from making a home in your engine bay, a good thing to use is a bag of moth balls. This will keep snakes, lizards, mice etc away. The other way is to run your car regularly. Try it and let me know if it helps. Back when I was storing my 70 Boss 429 Mustang, there were field mice found in the engine bay that chewed up the main harness. That was an expensive repair to run a new one.

Speedingpenguin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: you have GOT to be freakin kidding me.

I saw the little S.O.B. yesterday when I went out to grab the IAC valve for the guide.....
    Scurried back toward the firewall. Mothballs, eh?
    I'll give that a try, but i think that this will be a good 'motivation' for my parents to let me put the caddy back on the road now....so it doesnt just sit there. Hopefully no damage has been done :-(

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.