Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 54 replies 31 participants last post by  TSS 
#1 ·
Just was wondering what everyones age is. 90% of you dont have it listed so I though Id'e ask...

#32 ·
i don't know too many 18 year olds who can afford a $40,000 car, unless mom and dad are still giving them an allowance and making their bed.:helpless:
probably more the 25-40 demographic....when first introduced new. todays owner group is apparently the age group you mentioned.

#36 ·
well my 98 was just about fully loaded like missing only one option and it was 37,708 (dealer window sticker in manual) glad i didnt buy it new lol i got it 4 years ago and picked it up for 9,000 which was good deal at that time but they have gone down a lot since then

#39 ·
I don't believe this. Four pages and no one over fifty? Am I really the oldest one here or are some of you just saying you're 18 or 19 because no one will ever know otherwise? I can't be the only old fart that drives a Catera and knows how to use a computer.

I met "CateraKid" on Sunday and we had a great time comparing Cats and even did a little joyriding. He turned his 2000 into a Sport with Eibach springs and a rear wing. No changes to the struts or shocks but since the base 2000 & 2001 got the 1999 Sport suspension I'd say he's very close. We measured the ride height and the Eibachs lowered his car about half an inch compared to mine. I still don't know whether the Cat Sport is lower than the base Catera but regardless I am buying the Eibach lowering springs.

It was a banner week in Buffalo for Catera spotting. Took my car in for some routine service on Monday and met another Catera owner at the garage. He had a beautiful black '98. I told him about our little group here and hopefully he'll join in on the fun.

Maybe he's older than me though he didn't look it.

Elvin

#44 ·
And, not to mention those of us who just like to go against the current trends most times, just for the sake of being different.

I'm known as the only guy (in my circle of friends late 30's-early 40's) who has a Cadillac... the rest have ho-hum cars (BMWs, Acura and even Lexus)... but still they know about my car-me.:yup:

#45 ·
Im 19 had my 98 since i was 15 1/2 I love my cat! where else can you get a nice Rear-wheel Drive luxury car that was over 35k new for under 7 grand now (97-01) like i said before i had a limit to spend on my first car and nothing else in the price range compares my choice was basically a catera or civic hmm let me think about it...........ha ha Catera Hands down

Now i know a civic is reliable but my cat is fun the looks are way better and the cat is more solid all around i do my own work mostly so it doesnt end up being very much more money for me =)

#49 ·
"" The Catera was marketed to younger demographic than traditional Cadillac buyers with the "Caddy that zigs" tagline, and the car generally delivered on its promise of European-style handling. The Cadillac Catera, "the Caddy that zigs," has zagged in the wrong direction. Most of its buyers are the traditional Cadillac owners, senior citizens.That was bad news for General Motors Corp.'s Cadillac Motor Division, which was counting on the Catera, a mid-sized sedan, to bring in affluent buyers 35 to 50 years old. ""
I got this from the article of the history of the Cadillac Catera.
I always thought that the most of the buyers of the Cadillacs are people that are 50 or older.
I don't mean to insult anyone, but it is known, that computers are used more by young people or, better to say,by people who are under fiftys or sixtys because for many people that are 50 or 60 or older its not as intresting to send time on the computer or to communicate through forums.
May be that's why we have a lot of the young people here on the Catera forum?

#50 ·
i would disagree to a point. i belong to the mgb forums, i guess most of our young bloggers may not even know what an mgb is. but anyway, there are mostly "older" members on that forum. so they obviously are computer savey.
i do think you do make a valid point though.
robert:yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.