Catera Radio Problems - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Catera Radio Problems in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by lakesidepark Just an FYI. I actually FIXED my multifunction module. I found that the failure with my ...
    carachase is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Catera

Smile Re: Catera Radio Problems

Quote Originally Posted by lakesidepark View Post
    Just an FYI. I actually FIXED my multifunction module. I found that the failure with my module was simply poor solder joints.

10 minutes and a hot soldering iron and I had it fully operational. Take the PCB out of the gray plastic case and inspect the back of the board. Hit all the larger solder joints on the back side of the three relays, and anywhere else that looks discolored.

May not fix them all but it is cheaper than $85 for the ones that it does fix...and it is a correct fix (not just a patch).

We recently acquired a 99 cadillac catera, with the same fuel door, trunk, and radio problems. We tried this suggestion on our car and it WORKED!
    We just fixed it and after several on/off, test drives, etc. we have not experienced any problems with fuel door, trunk, or radio! We were able to find the box, and the PCB very easily thanks to you posting the part # on here. My husband hit all the solder joints and re-installed. Thanks so much for your info!!

carachase is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Catera

Cool Re: Catera Radio Problems

it has been a week and all is good! no more pulling up to the gas pump, opening armrest in backseat, pulling the rope attached inside trunk lid to pop trunk, opening trunk panel and pulling cable to fuel door!! lovin' it !

Cosmo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 catera

Re: Catera Radio Problems

I too have a 2001 catera but I can not find the area which contains the K134. I have taken off the side panels and can see the air vent but I do not see the modual. What have I done wrong.

Thanks

Dave

heebee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2 fleetwoods 1 catera

my mom has a 2000 catera ...been a pretty good car it has 103,000 miles...a few months ago it started having problems ... radio won't work...sometimes... trunk won't open... sometimes...she ran out of gas trying to get home after trying to get gas but not being able to put gas in, cuz gas door would'nt open....so here is a little tip...i noticed that if the radio is not working the clock is not lit up the gas door also the trunk release won't work from inside button... but if i take it out of park ...everything comes back to life....sometimes it dies out again when i put it back in park... but at least i can open gas door ... don't know if it will work on any other car but if u need gas and u r stuck u could try taking it out of park and maybe it will get u down the road....i guess eventually i will try to replace that relay everyone is squak'in about ...

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Is there no manual release for the fuel door in the trunk?

LVysther is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera

Hello. I am new to the forum. I just bought a 2000 Catera and I am having some of these problems listed but I am having my Sport Mode Button kick in by itself. Does anyone think the K134 will fix this problem as well? Thank you.

CodyCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01' Cadillac Catera

Anyone have a solution for when the rear defrost is on your radio looses signal?

innocentt702 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hello, I am planning on purchasing a 2001 Cadillac Catera with only 87,000 miles on it. But the problem is, the lights on the roof, the radio, the heated seats, only work when car is off. Also, gages stop working all of a sudden, Fuel Sensor says empty when its really not... what could all this be? & would it be expensive to get it all fixed??

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by innocentt702 View Post
    Hello, I am planning on purchasing a 2001 Cadillac Catera with only 87,000 miles on it. But the problem is, the lights on the roof, the radio, the heated seats, only work when car is off. Also, gages stop working all of a sudden, Fuel Sensor says empty when its really not... what could all this be? & would it be expensive to get it all fixed??
    DON'T BUY IT!!!!!! Read the post here. The car is one of the worst made in the last 20 years. An electrical nightmare! It isn't worth 2 cents!
    Read the post to so how problematic it is

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    Yes u right. DON'T BUY IT! Unless u works on cars and u will do all job your self.
    Parts cost double of cars like Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Honda...
    As soon as u fix something, something esle will go out.... im giving up on car, im done fixing it. As soon as I get extra money to put down, im getting me 2014 Camaro. No more used cars..
    By the way my Catera in dealer now for diagnostic, because my rpm and speedometer dont work....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.