'97 question(s) please assist
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, '97 question(s) please assist in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; do all 97's have airbags in front seats? I just bought a 97 all recalls have been done, what else ...
    mhvfd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

'97 question(s) please assist

do all 97's have airbags in front seats? I just bought a 97 all recalls have been done, what else should I be looking for as far as problems? Hopefully none, but I have read all the materials I could find. Thanks for any input offered!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Re: '97 question(s) please assist

1. The Engine oil cooler, its underneath the intake manifold of the engine; and uses engine coolant to cool it... it can crack in some cases and oil gets into your coolant. Good to keep a watch on everything as long as you own the car.

2. Alignment: Tyre wears inside of the tread line. Apparently it can be a warn out lower bushing in the front lower control arms.

3. A/C Problems... Compressor can seize and well there goes your AC and belts.

4. Emission control equipment (i.e EGR, o2 sensors)

5. Valve cover gaskets

And as far as I know, Side airbags were introduced from 1999-2001

Shale-D is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Quote Originally Posted by mhvfd
    do all 97's have airbags in front seats? I just bought a 97 all recalls have been done, what else should I be looking for as far as problems? Hopefully none, but I have read all the materials I could find. Thanks for any input offered!
    I just bought a 97 too. I found 2 recalls today. One is the side airbag recall and the other is an ABS break recall. I'll post the text with the references when I get to my other PC. Google search:

"1997 Deville" recall or recalls

That's how I found it. How many miles do you have on yours? Mine has 69k now, had 67000 when I bought it last month. Really love it.

SHALE-D

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

You can check to see if you have side airbags too, the front seats have plastic covers on the left side of the driver side, and the right side of the pass. They say airbag on them...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.