Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Catera Swap in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by lac55555 one last question . would the GM L81 motor out of a Saab 9-5, Saab 9000 ...
- 12-01-08 05:44 AM #16Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
- Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
- Join Date
- Mar 2003
- San 'tone, TX
Re: Catera Swap
- 12-02-08 09:59 PM #17
Re: Catera Swap
Well, for my ideas and i mean IDEAS because i have no money...is you could do one of two things, 1) Rebuild the V6 for torque numbers by going to Courtnay Motorsports and finding what all you want to use for your engine, you could then go to STS TURBO and get a universal turbo kit and use that with some modification.
2) Get the V8 Conversion kit, put in an LS1, LS6, or if you want and LS7 crate engine and a Tremec T56 Transmission and upgraded rear differential, and when all that's done, go BACK to STS TURBO and get TWO universal turbo kit with an intercooler and Dyno Tune it.
Hmmmmm...Either rebuild the V6 with high performance parts and a turbo or maybe even twin if you could pull it off, OR Performe the V8 conversion with a manual transmission and get high performance parts for the engine and have that Twin Turbo'd.....Image the sheer power!!!! I'd love to stroll up to my car club and revv the turbo nice and soft..then blast off!!!! I'd just imagine the look on EVERYONE"S face!!
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Stubby Hex Bits Socket Set
Stubby Hex Bits Socket Set - 9 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive; Metric Stubby Hex Bit Socket Set; Contains: 1/4" Drive: 6mm, 7mm, 8mm & 10mm, 3/8" Drive: 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 18mm & 19mm
- PowerTorque Tools - Metric Hex Bits Set
Metric Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; Metric; Metric Hex Bits; Contains: 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm & 10mm
- PowerTorque Tools - Flare Nut Wrench Set
Flare Nut Wrench Set - 3 Piece; SAE; Includes: 3/8" X 7/16", 1/2" X 9/16" & 5/8" X 11/16"