GTO Brake SWAP LOG. - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, GTO Brake SWAP LOG. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have 2 Cateras and have put GTO calipers on both. It cost me AT MOST $75 shipped a pair. ...
    R-Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green

Re: GTO Brake SWAP LOG.

I have 2 Cateras and have put GTO calipers on both. It cost me AT MOST $75 shipped a pair. And yes, I got them form the GTO forum. And who gives a f#@k about the $40 paint job on the calipers. A can is like $7. Chips off in 3 years- spend another $7.

For anyone who is looking for a set- be patient. I will have a set available soon. There's gonna be some suspension parts available as well, so I'll put it on the Suspension Conversion thread

JRomano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Catera

agreed, i got a set for 80 shipped (65+shipping) and it included pads and hoses, granted they weren't new, they were still in good shape

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Talking Re: GTO Brake SWAP LOG.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Caddy View Post
    I have 2 Cateras and have put GTO calipers on both. It cost me AT MOST $75 shipped a pair. And yes, I got them form the GTO forum. And who gives a f#@k about the $40 paint job on the calipers. A can is like $7. Chips off in 3 years- spend another $7.

For anyone who is looking for a set- be patient. I will have a set available soon. There's gonna be some suspension parts available as well, so I'll put it on the Suspension Conversion thread
    That just scares me knowing what kind of surprises you pull on me...

In a mean time I got my SPORT springs out of the car and I am debating if I should keep them or not?

Quote Originally Posted by CateraMV6 View Post
    That just scares me knowing what kind of surprises you pull on me...

In a mean time I got my SPORT springs out of the car and I am debating if I should keep them or not?
    Keep those springs for now, if the GTO doesn't drop your car low enough, you will be able to put them back in.
    As far as scaring you, wait a few months... New thread will come that will blow your spoiler off

Quote Originally Posted by R-Caddy View Post
    Keep those springs for now, if the GTO doesn't drop your car low enough, you will be able to put them back in.
    As far as scaring you, wait a few months... New thread will come that will blow your spoiler off
    Well I like the car with the GTO springs, the drop is near perfect, still a bit high in the rear but I need to get under the car and drop the SLS link down and it will level out.

As far as the SPORT springs go I am debating if I should sell them because they are hard to find and like you said if I ever want to go back to them.... < I doubt that will happen.

Q2SUPHOMIES is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

75 Dollars for calipers with hoses...good luck with that. Shipping from my state to half of the people who wanted them would cost me that. Also regarding 7 dollar paint..again you know nothing there is 900 degree 40 dollar for a small tin...superior quality paint...you are really clueless. If you can get for 65 or 85 shoot I'd buy them...go for it...good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Q2SUPHOMIES View Post
    75 Dollars for calipers with hoses...good luck with that. Shipping from my state to half of the people who wanted them would cost me that. Also regarding 7 dollar paint..again you know nothing there is 900 degree 40 dollar for a small tin...superior quality paint...you are really clueless. If you can get for 65 or 85 shoot I'd buy them...go for it...good luck...

In regards to that I want to add my 0.02$.

Shipping costs 13$ via USPS to anywhere in the US, I have shipped a few pairs that way and no problems at all.

The large box fits all the components without issues.

As far as paint goes these brakes are very much overkill for the Catera so for most of us they stay fairly cool due to the much increased caliper size which can handle heat much better.

I have my calipers painted with cheap 4$ Caliper Paint from walmart and so far 2 years they haven't chipped or faded, still shiny and glossy.

The people that have pinged me both live in Europe and only want to pay 50 bucks..don't know what you guys are use too. Take a look at parts on the GtO forums...seems many want us to box them up..wrap them nicely. run to the post office and end up with 35bucks for something worth quite a bit more. I'd rather throw them in the trash if thats the case. Every part I have bought I have paid a fair price for my GTO...my 05 brakes front/rear and disk with ship cost me 570.00...a pinnnnnch high but great shape...seems people that have contacted me want something for nothing...not happening.

Listen. Most of those guys at the GTO forum think they have a Bugatti. But I have got 2 sets of calipers so far at a decent price. The demand controls the price in this case. If you paid $570 for the 05-06 brakes, too bad for you. If you don't want to accept the $70-80 those calipers are worth, just throw your '04 calipers out and stop bothering people on this board. PERIOD.
    Aras

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Owned ohhhh I'm so hurt. ouchy ouchy.

Here's your calipers....suck on it. No hoses and 1 at 45 bucks...hahahaha

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...Q5fAccessories

I'm sorry but you cannot tell me that a nice set of 04 calipers with hoses pads and painted are not with 125 + shipping..been on the boards way to long and see many offers...

Again, good luck with buying calipers. I will hold onto mine in a box til someone who is reasonable cares to ping me. Be good have fun..enjoy your Caddy's...and furthermore not bashing the boards..I wanted to offer you guys help as someone stated you guys needed calipers...oh well guess 125 bucks is to much for some of you Caddy owners

eastsidercaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Black Catera

I just want to say that i bought my set of calipers with 60% good pads, with lines for $80.00 shipped. The guy lived in Indiana an i lived in Georgia. They need to be repainted but there as long as they say GTO on them there damn nice... I honestly think you should lower the price a tad because you probably wont sell them unless they're the last pair on the forum. Go for $90 including shipping. Do you want to make money or keep looking at the calipers and not sell them? Be real.

First somewhat reasonable post..

The only thing is I personally haven't seen a set for sale that are in the condition that these are in.

I know you guys are rocking me about paint...but seriously it is 40 bucks like a quarter pint...some of the best stuff doesn't fade chip.

So when you consider your price of 90 inc shipping...add on say 15-20 bucks for great paint and your almost what I'm speaking of.

Regarding shipping...agreed if it was local..but at least I'm assuming..tell me if you'd do this deal...2 people wanted to give me 50 dollars for me to ship to Europe from the US...I mean reallyy..would you do it?

Matera97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Catera (Ocean)

Actually you were asking $125+ shipping. $100 bucks with shipping included is something I would probably consider. But I can't justify spending $140+ on your calipers and wait for shipping, when I can spend about $15 less and get them locally, painted and hoses included.

Where is Halifax

If its Nova Scotia...just looked...what a beautfiul place!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.