GTO Brake SWAP LOG. - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, GTO Brake SWAP LOG. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Bump...
    Q2SUPHOMIES is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: 2004 gto calipers rotors 250 plus ship

Bump

JRomano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Catera

Re: GTO Brake SWAP LOG.

i'll take just the front calipers w/ carriers for $50 shipped

HA HA...that is pretty funny. Anything else I can send...maybe an engine shipped for $100 bucks...cmon....be serious.

Matera97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Catera (Ocean)

All I want is your front calipers, and mounts and hoses, $120+ shipping. I can get them for less on eBay.

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Matera97 View Post
    All I want is your front calipers, and mounts and hoses, $120+ shipping. I can get them for less on eBay.
    I have been keeping an eye on ebay in the last 2 years and saw a total of 9 go for around 50$ shipped... and a few more in the 50-80$ range...

Your other choice is to dig around the LS1GTO forums and see if you spot something there... every now and then you can get a cheap set there too.

My set of 4 Corvette calipers cost me 44$ shipped.

I'm an ls1gto member. I would like to see something that cheap...definitely somewhat rare. I paid $475 for 05 cali's and rotor + ship..$575...

Shit you got lucky...44 bucks..thats cheaper than a pair of flip flops ))

I will take $150 plus ship (I'm having to break up the set...no one is going to want the rears or the rotors without fronts now)...let me know if you wish to keep looking...or not. These are not on the boards that often. Not that many GTO's out there ya know...not trying to take advantage by any means...but gosh when pads cost 90 bucks...kinda rediculous to go so low..especially since they are specialty brakes. Let me know if you want or not...the have fresh paint (900 degree)..paint was 40 bucks ) G2 Stage 3 on all visible area to wheel...very bright and well seen through wheels.

These pads that you were talking about are those some sort of special stuff like HAWK or HPS...? I got C5 Brake pads from autozone for 32$ with lifetime warranty... not sure if the GTO ones are more expensive but those that i got are Carbon Metallic (make my wheels black after only 50mi of driving). I keep hearing that the more expensive pads work well but when you consider how much bigger the GTO/C5s are over our stock brakes... I guess it doesn't really matter. For those hardcore fans the more expensive ones will be worth every penny, I am sure.

Have you ever seen the 05-06 swapped with corvette calipers? Maybe I should sell those too...

Prob will work...haven't checked...I can probably find out for you if it is something you are considering. I'm talking dealer pads...anyhoo. Guess if he wishes to buy he will...like they are in quite good shape..actually better than the 05 upgrade that I bought. I should get a side by side picture ..I'm not going to push these...I know they are in good shape....good paint...if he wants I'm happy to offer what I consider reasonable...like I said I paid almost 600 bucks including ship for my stuff...

May be cheaper on Ebay...but I'd like to compare them.

Just looked on Ebay..most if not all of them do not have hoses...and no 04's for sale....if you can get the hoses, the paint and 04..jump on it. Love to do business with you..but still 150+ ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Q2SUPHOMIES View Post
    HA HA...that is pretty funny. Anything else I can send...maybe an engine shipped for $100 bucks...cmon....be serious.
    I was being serious, good luck with the sale

There is a full set of all four 2004 calipers for $79+$35 shipping on ebay right now, I emailed the seller and he said he could sell the front pair for $65 shipped to me, I think I am going to do that. To ship two front calipers would be $10.95 if you carefully slip them into a USPS priority box.

Yo... JRomano, dont loose hope yet, keep an eye out on Craigslist and eBay and I bet you will find a cheap enough set...

I am on the look out for some Brembo replacements and I would shock you if I tell you how cheap I found them for.

I have more of a want than a need to replace them. I will definitely strike when I see a good opportunity though.

Yeah here is the link for the $79 dollar +35 ship...they are beautiful NOT (not painted..hope you clean em up and paint)..btw no hoses..not sure if this will marry up to your car or not. Good luck with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...=p4506.c0.m245

You actually need GTO Hoses because those are 2" Longer and the OEM hoses on our car tend to stretch some on a full lock-to-lock. The GTO hoses give it a bit more slack and eliminate the stretch that you would otherwise experience with the OEM hoses.

Dont know exactly how much new hoses cost but I think the GTO ones are in the 60-80$ range... stainless steel braided ones are in the 100-120$ on ebay.

So not that great of a deal...add the hose...and high end paint (cheap paint chips and fades from heat) and labor...my set is a good deal

KABN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega B

Hello,

do you still want to sell the brakes from the GTO? I'm interested with!

I am from Germany.

Paul

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.