Oil leak hide and seak!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Oil leak hide and seak! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well another 97 owner with an oil leak problem and no it's not the heater valve, I have already fixed ...
    ExcessivePlay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Catera

Cool Oil leak hide and seak!

Well another 97 owner with an oil leak problem and no it's not the heater valve, I have already fixed that one and if anyone wants the scoop on what it takes to do it yourself and save at least a grand let me know. Anyway this leak appears to be from maybe the valve cover but why just all of a sudden and from more the just one spot. The leak isnt bad, you can't even notice a change on the dip stick, it just leaks enough to drip onto the exhaust or the transmission pan of something that burns it off and you get that great burnt oil smell when the interior vent fan is blowing. I'm sure I can remove enough items to find it but I just thought someone out there has already had this one fixed and can save me some time.

Oh yeah maybe unlike others I still love this thing even with the bad rap it's still a great euro ride and a good looking car.

Next time maybe we can talk about the shimmy in the front end.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

aneantony22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Oil leak hide and seak!

How can I do it myself and save a grand?

caddyshack24 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Oil leak hide and seak!

Not sure if it's the same problem you're experiencing..
    i have a mid seal leak.. drips down onto the oil pan and blows back onto the muffler.. heats up real nice *sniff sniff*

guy said it's about 18.5 hours of labor..
    and here is the kicker... the part costs 6.95
    yes, six dollars ninty five cents !

ExcessivePlay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Catera

Cool Re: Oil leak hide and seak!

Well if it wasn't game night, and I wasn't here in Atlanta and I wasn't a GA-Tech fan and I didn't have a 110" HDTV screen looming at me then I would explain the in's and out's of installing the heater control valve yourself tonight however I will get back to you tomorrow.

The mid seal sounds like it could be what I have seen. Not being able to see much in that engine compartment it does look like it is dripping down up front onto the oil pan and then blowing back so you could be right on. That will give me a good place to start.

Well it's tip off time, GO Jackets!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.