Spark Plugs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Spark Plugs in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Are the new E3 plugs or any new plug type worth all the hype? i read somewhere a guy in ...
    PEETYZ is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Spark Plugs

Are the new E3 plugs or any new plug type worth all the hype? i read somewhere a guy in a 97 cat gained 10 hp or so he said but he said car felt much stronger

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PEETYZ is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Spark Plugs

Here it is about Splitfire Triple Platinum Spark Plugs

"I have a 97 cadillac catera and after I installed these plugs I noticed an increase of power and fuel economy. Coupled with a K&N air filter I have gained at LEAST 12 horsepower mostly noticable at the low end and have gained 3 to 5 more mpg! it is a great product for real gains on obdII systems."

Warez is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

That power claim is a little absurd for plugs and a filter considering that when I did a dyno with the intake removed there was absolutely no power increase than with the intake in place.

inconnu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

3-5 miles to gallon doesnt sound right to me,not to mention that 12 HP gain either,more of marketing hype in my opinion and if that is truthful why the company doesnt publish the dyno results.

2000CaddyCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 00 Catera

I've never had a filter or plugs add any significant hp. I could buy a couple hp and 1mpg or so, but 12hp and 3-5mpg is way high. I am getting a K&N filter for my Catera, but I don't expect any real gains in the power department.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

If your engine was missing on half the cylinders and the airfilter was plugged to start with, you would get a pretty good gain in milage if you put in any kind of sparkplugs and threw away the air filter element. Believe it or not there are many cars on the road that are in exactly this condition. These are the customers this marketing is aimed at. If your car is hitting on all cylinders and the filter lets anything through you aren't going to notice any difference in anything but your bank balance.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

zcrom32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera

I think you noticed no gains with the filterbox assembly off because you were sucking hot air from the engine compartment into the engine. If you use a K&N filter (not a cone) and keep the original air filter cover on, you're sucking in colder air....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.