Show us those GRILLS!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Show us those GRILLS!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Lets see them boys. Can you guess what I did over the weekend?...
    CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Show us those GRILLS!!!

Lets see them boys.

Can you guess what I did over the weekend?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Re: Show us those GRILLS!!!

Looks nice though I'm keeping the Caddy Crest when I change to a mesh grille. You stopping there or replacing all the badges and logos?

Elvin

rinverso is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 catera

elvin, your crest was mailed today. enjoy, robert

MV6, the opel grille looks great, i almost went that way!! heres the look i ended with, after seeing vmods cat. euro grille with crest. and here is the progression .....stock, eurogrille, eurogrille with crest.
    thanks, robert
    sorry last two pictures are not as good. definitely having fun with this car!!
    Attached Images

I like that one too and I guess I could have gone that way but I am going with the OPEL grill because of the European look that I am looking for. I will be re badging the trunk and the wheels and the logo on the steering wheel but thats about it. I got a European Plate with the American Plate letters on it and I am going to order a short one for the rear which will probably be mounted on top of the original for shows and stuff.

how are you mounting the euro plate. do you need a frame? screw the frame to the bumper? i think the euro plate looks great, i had them on my mercedes. may want to go that way.
    thanks, robert

Quote Originally Posted by rinverso View Post
    how are you mounting the euro plate. do you need a frame? screw the frame to the bumper? i think the euro plate looks great, i had them on my mercedes. may want to go that way.
    thanks, robert
    There is a frame that mounts in the place of the American one and that raises the surface so you can put screws in it. This helps avoid drilling holes in the bumper and then there is a plastic plate holder which mounts to the bumper and then the plate goes in that.

Question Re: Show us those GRILLS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CateraMV6 View Post
    There is a frame that mounts in the place of the American one and that raises the surface so you can put screws in it. This helps avoid drilling holes in the bumper and then there is a plastic plate holder which mounts to the bumper and then the plate goes in that.
    do you need the blank insert, like the one you have on the front bumper?

guardian is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Oops! Sorry, my bad.

Here through error due to a dyslexic moment:

I thought it said: "Show us those GIRLS"

Oh, well. Perhaps another time.

...nope the frame thing I was talking about sits inside the opening of the bumper and raises the surface enough so that the euro frame sits flat against the surface. I will use that small opening filler so that I dont drill my bumper. I will show you guys pictures when I am ready.

wamanning is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 catera sport...w/ some minor customizations

before, during, and after...

please post a picture of the back-side of the grill...i want to see how you mounted the caddy crest!

2000ForrestGrnCatty is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS

Rinverso, Where did you get the grill, and how much $$ ? And also, is that the same Cadillac crest that was in the stock grille? Thx for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by wamanning View Post
    before, during, and after...

please post a picture of the back-side of the grill...i want to see how you mounted the caddy crest!

will send a picture, it was done with 6 3/32 tapping nuts from auto zone. they screw onto the studs on the back of the crest.
    by the way i see you must have realized you need to paint the inside of the front engine compartment. as to not see the interior white paint through the euro grille.
    thanks, robert

Quote Originally Posted by 2000ForrestGrnCatty View Post
    Rinverso, Where did you get the grill, and how much $$ ? And also, is that the same Cadillac crest that was in the stock grille? Thx for the reply.
    the grile was purchased on ebay through euopnet, total with shipping and german taxes $138 total. make sure you purchase the omega facelift grille, if you have a 2000 or newer. i also got the caddy crest on ebay, the old one was alittle scratched, and i hated to put it on my new grille. the new crest is alittle smaller than the original also. i have one left if you want it, i bought four, used one and sold two to other forum friends. i'll ship it to you for $10.00 including shipping. email me if your interested.....rinverso@hotmail.com

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Robert,

I received the crest, thank you. I loved the packing. The styrofoam was a nice touch. Now all I need is the grille. The place I ordered from has stiffed me. Be warned. Do not do business with:

http://tuningzubehor.com

It's a German vendor and this was the US store in California. I placed my order and they charged my VISA immediately even though they say they don't until the order ships. A month has passed and no grille. Emails go unanswered and the answering machine is maxed out so I can't leave a message. I've handed the matter over to VISA for a refund.

Elvin

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.