Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  caterakid 
#1 ·
:thumbsup: I got it through a GrouBuy on one of the other forums and it cost me a total of 150$ well spent dollars. I love the unit, I now know my MPG real time speed and RPM and it has a way to add correction factors for tire size and other things. I like being able to see the IAT and WT, and a ton of other things such as ignition timing and Gallons per hour. It also figures out the exact amount of fuel in the gas tank.

well enough talk lets show you some of the pictures. :bouncy:

See less See more
#41 ·
Ohhh well Photobucket is down and hence the no pictures...

The OBD port is in the driver side kick pannel so stick your head and look at the driver side foot well and you should see it to the right of the hood pop lever... it sticks down at a slight angle... and its got trapezoidal shape to it... you can miss it just look up there...

#43 ·
I wish all my projects worked out as well as this one. Plugged into the OBD2 plug under the dashboard, tucked the cable into a convenient seam, and ran it up the side of the HVAC/Stereo unit. I stuck the ScanGaugeII above the HVAC display. Not really happy with it there but it's only been one day. I can't see it easily yet I can't keep my eyes off it. Maybe the novelty will wear off after a while. Plan B would be atop the dash hood, right in my line of site. The steering column would be better but the top of its housing is curved and the bottom of the SG2 is flat.

Observations? I have to tame my right foot. The realtime MPG readings are scary bouncing from 33 to .7 around town. The average display read 21 MPG but it shouldn't be taken seriously. I was flooring it and lifting off, playing with the read outs.

My speedo reads 1 MPH low probably due to the low profile 235-45/17 tires. Engine temp used to be a vague spot on the analog gauge. The SG2 told me it was 163* F. It also tells me the charging voltage of the battery. It scanned for codes and cleared the gas cap code. I like this.

Tomorrow I'll gas up and tell the SG2 how many gallons are in the tank so it can calculate the the miles to fill-up. I have to really read the little manual and learn what all the other displays and readings mean. The Catera should have come with something like this from the start.

Elvin

#45 ·
Ohh thats another good location but I was worried the vents would cause it to heat up too much...

BTW you guys there is a new FIRMWARE update and you should mail yours in for it... here is what the new one will do...

http://scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdf

New Software

Vehicle Specific Gauges

Instantaneous HorsePower

Cost Per Mile/Cost Per Trip

Fuel Rate Out To 1/100th per Gal./Ltr.

And More...

Click Here for Add-A-Gauge™ and XGauge commands
NOTE: Not all commands are available on all vehicles. Last update: Sept 27, 2007

Upgrade Your ScanGaugeII

CLICK HERE FOR THE UPGRADE FORM

The current software versions with XGauge are 3.14 and 3.15 you can check this from the home screen and pressing MORE>MORE>MORE<VERSION

Version 3.14 was the release of the XGauge update, however the special functions did not work on Toyota Prius, version 3.15 was the release compatible with the Prius

The Add-A-Gauge™ and XGauge will only work on ScanGaugeII, not the origional ScanGauge

Free Upgrade if your ScanGauge was purchased on or after July 20th, 2007

The cost to upgrade if yours was purchased before July 20th is $25 (USD) per ScanGauge

There will be a new manual included with every upgrade

Return shipping to you will be provided by US Post Office and this cost is included in the $25

Please only send the ScanGaugeII unit in, do not send the cable.

Current turnaround time is about 1 week, this does not include shipping time.

For upgrades you need to:

1. Print out the form
2. Enter all information (only put CC info if needed)
3. Mail the form, and the ScanGaugeII unit to: 2222 S. Dobson Rd. Ste 801, Mesa, AZ 85202

Please e-mail upgrade@linear-logic.com with any questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.