Spark plug wire instalation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Spark plug wire instalation in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am trying to repalce the #1 spark plug wire. Can anyone tell me how to complete this task. I ...
    White Catera is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Spark plug wire instalation

I am trying to repalce the #1 spark plug wire. Can anyone tell me how to complete this task. I can trace the wire from the front side but then it disapears behind the motor. Help my Caddy's running bad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Post Re: Spark plug wire instalation

See, the Catera has a system called Coil on Plug or COP. The ignition coil is precisely on or near the sparkplug itself, this minimizes resistance and is a better design. The wire your seeing is going to a electrical output center... from there it goes directly to the coil sitting ontop of the sparkplug.

Usually, that voltage output would be in the back center of the engine, it is on most.

Now before you go changing wires, what exactly is the problem your having with it? If the coil goes bad itself, then you need to replace that... thats a likely problem on this system if your not getting any spark (its how and why COP was designed). The wire carrying the juice wont usually go bad. You can tell if the coil is getting voltage (which is the best place to start in this situation), this site is very good and explains everything about COP and even mentions our car too...

http://members.aol.com/carleyware/library/copign.htm

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.