BLS off to a VERY slow start...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, BLS off to a VERY slow start... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Not very good news for Cadillac in Europe... http://www.autoblog.com/2006/06/15/c...ust-in-europe/...
    megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

BLS off to a VERY slow start...

Not very good news for Cadillac in Europe...

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/06/15/c...ust-in-europe/

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Re: BLS off to a VERY slow start...

I say it still needs a little time before sales start to pick up.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I hope you're right. But 400 in 4 months?

GreenMachine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

From my understanding it isn't selling all that well because its basically a rebadged SAAB.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with the BLS being a rebadged Saab. You don't trace any Saab in the exterior, apart from the roofline and the foglights. The dash is also totally different. Don't think Europe is not used to rebadging. VW, Seat and Scoda is all based on VW technology, parts and base frame. So is Citroen and Peugeot, Renault, Mazda and Ford, Opel and Fiat and so on, and so on...

The problem is (Cadillac are you reading this?) is that Cadillac has NO name in Europe other than being the big old classic flagships of the 50's-70's. ONLY kids that whatch MTV and play Playstation or the like know the XLR, CTS-V and the Escalade. Cadillac is not advertising in Europe. Only some advertisements in some magazines. That's it...

How do people here in Europe even have to know that Cadillac has new competing models on the european market???? The CTS has been out 3 years now, and still people ask me what kind of car and brand it is. If you introduce Cadillac into Europe, take the Microsoft approach (only marketing please)! Overwhelm them with the name and the images. And let the people picture themselves in a Cadillac. Man, if you compare the BLS to what you can get otherwhise for the same money, you have a pretty good deal with the Cadillac!!!! So the problem is not what the BLS has to offer...

GreenMachine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

Thats one thing I even noticed in the states actually, the marketing for the under 5 campaign was decent but overall a very poor TV commericial campaign. Thats why I think they changed who is in charge of marketing, I'm sure in the next 6 months there will be changes to that (I hope).

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachine
    Thats one thing I even noticed in the states actually, the marketing for the under 5 campaign was decent but overall a very poor TV commericial campaign. Thats why I think they changed who is in charge of marketing, I'm sure in the next 6 months there will be changes to that (I hope).
    I hope it does for Europe too!!!!

88Bonneville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None! Pontiac Bonneville

The new Cadillacs are still very rare here in the UK. I have only seen two BLS on the road so far. I've seen more right-hand drive CTS than BLS.

nigelb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS RHD 194,150 miles. what's a speed limiter???

Stratstone, the unlucky company that is trying to sell the BLS in the UK is currently offering massive discounts in an attempt to shift these lame ducks. That goes for the CTS as well!
    Cadillac need to actually spend some money on advertising otherwise this new range will go the same way as the STS, straight down the toilet..

88Bonneville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None! Pontiac Bonneville

I've seen a bit of advertising, but not much. There were double page adverts for the BLS in Auto Express magazine when it first came out and I've seen one billboard advert at a motorway service station, but that's it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.