Test drive the BLS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Test drive the BLS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; He is not crazy, thats the german autobahn speed ) We have no general speed limit! So we drive very, ...
    irebroff is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville STS 1999

Re: Test drive the BLS

He is not crazy, thats the german autobahn speed )

We have no general speed limit! So we drive very, very fast!

GreenMachine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo
    You got those small chevies too right? And chrysler neon and those japanese... why would the size not sell in the US? Don't look at yourself perse, because you drive a bigger Cadillac. I wouldn't want to trade my CTS for a BLS either. But there's enough people who would be interested in a smaller size Cadillac. It would probably be people who never owned a Cadillac anyway...
    thats the problem though. Cadillac represents the best of what American Luxury (and slowly getting into preformance) cars are.

A cadillac priced to compete with Neons/ Nissans / Chevy Cobalts etc. would tarnish the name of being the "standard of the world". Why build a cheap Cadillac when the cheap chevy is fine with its name.

Now if you wanted to say cadillac should make a luxury car to fill that small form factor niche then I could see it because it wouldn't really be competeing with them because its more expensive and offers probibly a bigger engine better materials, leather. Stuff you couldn't get on the lower end models.

29,999 for the CTS is very low for an entry luxury sedan. And what comes of it? People complaining of cheap dash and cheap this, well cadillac had to cut the corners somewhere to sell that at that price (especially with all the money they put into that platform at the Nurburgring.)

One the plus side Cadillac reps are saying that with each new model interiors will be getting better and better

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

For this BLS segment it has a fitting interior. You can't get anything better in this segment!

This week I drive the turbo diesel. I am waiting on my new wheels for my new CTS. I must say the diesel is pretty comfortable. This car has the same interior and same options as the 2.8 turbo. The engine is a little noisier at low speed accelerating, but gets very quiet at highway speeds. And for a diesel it is pretty reactive. It has an automatic transmission with tiptronic and paddles on the steeringwheel. All you need for a daily commuter is there. The suspension is not as hard as the 2.8 turbo, but still very direct and in my opinion more comfortable than the 2.8 turbo.

Things you get over the CTS is the hands-free mobile phone preparation. The buttons are on the steeringwheel. And it has rain sensor windscreen whipers and a glovecompartment of usable size. It also has a good Bose soundsystem with 6cd-changer and nav. Leather interior is standard.

When I go back to review the 2.8 turbo, I think the diesel is perfectly outfitted for it's segment and its price. I think the 2.8 turbo is too poorly outfitted for its price. Cuz that one costs as much as the base CTS. The 2.8 turbo should look more exclusive, inside and out.

So I conclude, the BLS is a cool everyday car. Your best buy would be the turbo diesel in Europe. You get the full package and you drive economically which fits the size of the car. You blend in in traffic just like that, but you know you drive a little more exclusively than any car in its segment, without showing off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.