Help with a few things please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Help with a few things please in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, Ive had my BLS for a couple of months now and need to know a few things as nowhere ...
    SRumble is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 2.0 Turbo Petrol

Post Help with a few things please

Hi, Ive had my BLS for a couple of months now and need to know a few things as nowhere else on the internet (that I have found) has even close t oan asnwer.

1. is it possible to put for example a CTS grille on the bls? (or any metal Cadillac mesh for that matter)
    2: Is it possible to get xneon headlights?
    3: my (manual) gear knob has come off but no other aftermarket replacement fits
    4: The BLs I purchased has some crappy aftermarket alloys on that I want to change, but cannot find anywhere the original ones

I think that's all I can think of for now but any response is much appreciated. I live in south east England if that helps atall.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Help with a few things please

????

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SRumble View Post
    Hi, Ive had my BLS for a couple of months now and need to know a few things as nowhere else on the internet (that I have found) has even close t oan asnwer.

1. is it possible to put for example a CTS grille on the bls? (or any metal Cadillac mesh for that matter)
    2: Is it possible to get xneon headlights?
    3: my (manual) gear knob has come off but no other aftermarket replacement fits
    4: The BLs I purchased has some crappy aftermarket alloys on that I want to change, but cannot find anywhere the original ones

I think that's all I can think of for now but any response is much appreciated. I live in south east England if that helps atall.
    Ok, trying my best here!

1. Grille, no, the CTS grille will not fit. The CTS is a bigger car. If you really need a new grille, I cannot recommend the following company enough. I used them to manufacture an air scoop grille to protect the condenser:

http://www.zunsport.com/

2. Forget Xenon headlights, just buy some OSRAM nighbreakers.

3. Gear knob - standard Saab 9-3 fit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SA...item232e91e0ef

4. If you are really desperate for absolute original as supplied alloys, try here, I believe he has all four for sale:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cadillac-B...item3ce4f08c3e

or you could just buy this set of four Saab 9-3 wheels which will fit - but you are responsible for checking lol! All depends if you want 16 inch or 17 inch, but either way, you'll need an offset of ET41. Vauxhall Vectra alloys will fit too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-Gen...item2c88aa8f62

Just remember, your car is effectively a Saab 9-3 and many parts are interchangeable.

Thanks pal.

The nightbreakers will fit the car?

Also I have contacted the grille company asking if the ycan do this (thanks)

The wheels you showed me have a saab logo haha that wouldnt make too much sense

The gear knob you sent me was a 6 speed up to reverse very expensive one haha, atlwast now i know i can just use a saab one.

And yeah I know/knew it was a saab but its better to be safe than sorry haha

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

The car uses standard fit headlamp bulbs, just check in your own handbook.

Personally, having SAAB logo centre caps wouldn't bother me, I can guarantee, no one is going to be bothered looking at your centre caps lol!

I even have genuine Saab logo rubber floor mats in my car!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-S...item35bf0b3edf

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-S...item4169806655

As for the gear knob, I suspect if you look in a breakers yard, you'll find one. Have you contacted that breaker who is dismantling the BLS on his ebay page? If you look, you'll find complete gear knob assemblies for about £60.

If you weren't already aware, brakes on these cars are easy too, standard GM fare, discs and pads can be bought from Vauxhall etc.

To be honest, these cars are relatively cheap and easy to maintain, if you know where to look and if you cross reference the parts correctly.

Please let me know how you get on with the grille if you have one made. I'm still contemplating replacing my factory fit one with a nice black custom made one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.