The BLS in Action
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, The BLS in Action in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I don't like the front look, it's ugly, but the rear is similar to the CTS. http://auto-presse.de/newssys/video/8384/8384.wmv...
    Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

The BLS in Action

I don't like the front look, it's ugly, but the rear is similar to the CTS.

http://auto-presse.de/newssys/video/8384/8384.wmv

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: The BLS in Action

For a small car I like it a lot. Thanks for posting that.

AsAkAs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

I like it alot, despite the FWD architecture, it looks good, and the interior is really sharp. I like the steering wheel mounted shifting paddles too for the automatic.

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Rauf
    I don't like the front look, it's ugly, but the rear is similar to the CTS.
    http://auto-presse.de/newssys/video/8384/8384.wmv
    I think the front looks good - the whole car looks good, although I wish the lines were a little sharper and more defined along the side.

CVP33 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Looks like the GM interiors are getting better. My fear is that this is the next CTS. I say fear because it doesn't appear there's room for a V8. I know GM is looking to down size the CTS somewhat to differentiate the STS.

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33
    Looks like the GM interiors are getting better. My fear is that this is the next CTS. I say fear because it doesn't appear there's room for a V8. I know GM is looking to down size the CTS somewhat to differentiate the STS.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with that, the CTS should/could be more sized like the g35/a4/3series/tl/IS and it would in turn handle better and be faster. And as for not having a v8, i'm sure the engineers would find a way to shoehorn the two extra cyl's into the engine bay, no problem for the V series

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

IF it becomes the new CTS it will be the 2nd generation BLS anyway, we've already been told the current model will not be coming to the US. I wouldn't mind seeing the 2nd generation, with proper room for a V8, coming to the US as the next gen CTS or CTS replacement. It would haul ass. But it's probably a bit too small, unless the STS is downsized a bit as well leaving the DTS as the BIG car.

ben72227 is offline Banned

The interior looks excellent, I think thats what the CTS interior should look like (I can't stand that ugly black plastic in the current CTS). However, the exterior reminds me too much of the Catera, and well, that's no good...

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Looks a lot like a Saab 9-3 to me, of course, with the addition of the Cadillac cues.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Noles
    Looks a lot like a Saab 9-3 to me, of course, with the addition of the Cadillac cues.
    As it very well should, it's based on the same platform But I belive it's distinctive enough to be accepted as a caddy, let's just hope it's light enough to have excellent FWD performance

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by AsAkAs
    As it very well should, it's based on the same platform But I belive it's distinctive enough to be accepted as a caddy, let's just hope it's light enough to have excellent FWD performance
    Tks - didn't know that. I knew that the Saab was on the same platform as the Malibu but didn't know what else shared the platform. Hard to believe the malibu and 9-3 are the same platform. Good ole chevy styling....

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

So they are really making this thing....

I like it too... but the grille.. the holes are too big, they need to add some bars to it.

turbo V6... is this gonna be like a BMW 3 series or something? then what about the CTS? how do they come into play?

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    So they are really making this thing....

I like it too... but the grille.. the holes are too big, they need to add some bars to it.

turbo V6... is this gonna be like a BMW 3 series or something? then what about the CTS? how do they come into play?
    The turbo V6 is the 2.8L variant that Saab is now using in the 9-3 as well, similar HP output to the 3.6L V6

If the BLS is even more entry level than the CTS then the CTS will probably move upscale. It's already the size of a 5 series for the price of a 3 series. So I'd assume (if the BLS ever makes it to the US) that the CTS would become a true 5-series fighter with all the ammenaties and then the STS would move even more upscale to compete with the 7 series (and S class, and A8 etc..etc..) The Deville, eh, who knows where that would go, I think cadillac is afraid to drop it because of all the return customers that buy a new deville every 4 years "just because' it's a deville . But if they were to keep it, it would go up against the lexus ES type of car, FWD, emphasis on luxury and comfort over performance.

But what do I know, i'm not a cadillac exec lol

1998Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville D'Elegance

I like everything but the interior and the turbo V6. Now a supercharged N* and better interior and I'd consider it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.