Z19dtr engine--rising oil level on dip stick
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Z19dtr engine--rising oil level on dip stick in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; During certain driving conditions with repeated short distance driving and interrupted regenerations,unburnt fuel from the regeneration process can mix with ...
    Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

Z19dtr engine--rising oil level on dip stick

During certain driving conditions with repeated short distance driving and interrupted regenerations,unburnt fuel from the regeneration process can mix with the engine oil resulting in oil dilution.My oil level is well over maximum level(couple of centimetres) and will be drained and refilled tomorrow.Has anyone had the software update 55576164 applied (which I beleive may alleviate this problem).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Re: Z19dtr engine--rising oil level on dip stick

maz, I believe this does only really affect the Z19DTR engine and yes you are correct the oil level rise needs to be sorted asap by draining some. Two options here, suck some out through the dipstick hole using an oil suction pump you can buy off the famous auction site, or drain through the sump. If oil level rise is going to become a problem for you, I would recommend fitting a Fumoto Quick Valve: http://www.quickvalve.co.uk/

I bought a Quickvalve and had it fitted at my last oil change. Excellent bit of kit and saves having to mess about in the future trying to get the sump plug out.

Concerning the update, I am not sure if the BLS has had this update. The Saab definitely did. I'm not sure if a Saab tech will be able to apply the update? Your only other option is Bauer Millett in Manchester or EH at Milton Keynes. Whether they can tell you over the 'phone if the BLS has had this software update, is another matter.

Hi EXRPO1,I am aware of the Fumoto valve and have one in my garage albeit not yet fitted to my Mazda.Coincidently I ordered one for the Cadillac tonight!!I rang Evans Halshaw and they were not too familiar wth this problem.Suggested they could look at computer update for approx £60 plus vat. I will have a 100 mile journey soon and this may clear the DPF.Also Wynns DPF treatment which is added to diesel looks promising.I also bought a suction pump a few months ago and removed a small quantity of oil.Also discovered that DPF cannot now be removed or car will fail MOT.

Software updated today.Hope it cures problem.Good news for most is that oil dilution only applies to Z19DTR engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazuk View Post
    Software updated today.Hope it cures problem.Good news for most is that oil dilution only applies to Z19DTR engine.
    maz, good, good. I realise it doesn't affect my car, but who carried out the software update and how much did it cost? If you don't fancy saying publicly, PM me.....

Hi ExRPO1 your usual garage and £60 plus vat.So far so good re oil level but early days yet.

Hi ExRPO1 your usual garage and £60 plus vat.So far so good re oil level but early days yet.
    Excellent! Hope it all goes well.

I cleaned the throttle body on my car last week, filthy job lol! Gunk building up where it shouldn't be, but all nice and clean now.

Won't be having my car in for a service this year, it's had so much done to it this year already, to take it for a service would just be throwing money away.

I am however having my wheels refurbed next week. Going for a colour change from the bog standard silver, to anthracite/coal black. My car is black and I've seen quite a few black cars with anthracite wheels and I like the look. Can't wait lol!

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

Hi EXRPO1,I am aware of the Fumoto valve and have one in my garage albeit not yet fitted to my Mazda.Coincidently I ordered one for the Cadillac tonight!!I rang Evans Halshaw and they were not too familiar wth this problem.Suggested they could look at computer update for approx £60 plus vat. I will have a 100 mile journey soon and this may clear the DPF.Also Wynns DPF treatment which is added to diesel looks promising.I also bought a suction pump a few months ago and removed a small quantity of oil.Also discovered that DPF cannot now be removed or car will fail MOT.
    Saab service garages charge £9.99 for the software updates !

LOL,but I guess the Cadillac is a nicer and for me a better value car.P.S,I still have that sad picture of your crumpled Cadillac on my computer.Has your Saab suffered this oil problem?

Quote Originally Posted by S70RMP View Post
    Saab service garages charge £9.99 for the software updates !
    Indeed they do, though I doubt there will be many Saab dealers that will entertain doing software updates for a Cadillac BLS, even though the BLS and 9-3 are essentially the same vehicle with different clothes.

Anyway S70, I thought you'd recently done a runner from Saabscene lol! Does that mean you're still gonna hang on this forum? Would be a shame to see you go from both!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.