Cadillac Key Fob Failure - Suggestions request
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Cadillac Key Fob Failure - Suggestions request in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi all , I own a 1.9tdi bls(2006), my key fob has stopped responding and I think I am in ...
    pyk_30 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Question Cadillac Key Fob Failure - Suggestions request

Hi all ,
    I own a 1.9tdi bls(2006), my key fob has stopped responding and I think I am in a bit
    of a mess because of it, I am afraid if I use the key blade to enter the car from passenger side,
    then if the alarm goes off , I am unsure if it would stop , if any of you has any similar experience or idea,
    can you please suggest me something?

Also as my keyfob is unresponsive , I was wondering if I opened the car using blade and used the fob in ignition
    would I still be able to operate it?
    Pardon my stupidity , but any advice/suggestion would help a lot ..
    Thanks,
    PK

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

t4evs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TiD

Re: Cadillac Key Fob Failure - Suggestions request

Bad luck. Could it be the battery?

If the alarm goes off it does reset itself so don't worry about that and it is certainly worth seeing if the ignition works.

Replacing the battery is easy and I picked up a replacement at the local diy shop. You will also need to reprogram the key puting it in the ignition after replacing the battery.

If your key housing is broken you can buy a similar seond hand key for a saab or cadillac off ebay and swtch the circuit board and door key. I had to do that and it worked fine.

Good luck.

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

I take it from reading the OP, that he only has one key fob? When I bought my car, it came with two fully working fobs, indeed, they both still work.

Worse case scenario here is if a new key fob has to be purchased, it will need reprogramming with Tech 2 at a Cadillac dealer/authorised service centre and that won't be cheap.

Hopefully it will be just the battery. Batteries should be replaced at least every four years anyway, as is stated in the owners handbook.

Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

Extract from manual Battery is CR2032

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.