Time to sell
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Time to sell in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    t4evs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TiD

Time to sell

After five and a half years and a total mileage of 143,000 miles, it is time for my Cadillac to be replaced.

It is a 57 plate, 1.9td SE auto and runs well. Bodywork is not too bad with just a couple of scuffs on the bumbers.

One dealer said it was only worth £500 but would give me a £1000 in part ex. Webuyanycar, or similar, said it was worth £1400.

Will probably stick it in the auction. Hope to clear at least £1500 but someone might like it and take it higher.

I don't fancy the hassle of a private sale.

Overall, this has been the best car I have owned for comfort, style and reliability.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Re: Time to sell

Sorry to see you go fellah. I really hope you get at least £1500 for the car. The dealer that offered you ony £500 was clearly taking the urine and if they'd said the same to me, I'd have told them what I thought of them.

Massively different story for me, my car still has only got 31.5k on the clock. I cleaned it today, it looks as good now as it did when I picked it up from the showroom in Cornwall 4 years ago. I'm actually just about to replace the front coil springs because they are showing signs of rust and pitting and that means inevitably, they will snap. Got the coils and top mount bearings (genuine Saab parts) but I'm going to swap out the shocks for brand new Bilstein B4's, which should bring it back to out of the factory road handling. About £500 in all with fitting, but the car is paid for, so this is just routine maintenance for me and they should last a few years.

t4evs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TiD

Good idea about the springs. I waited for mine to snap. Wrecked a tyre in the process and had a couple of days without the car.

I had to change the front stabiliser rods as well - about £30 on ebay but make sure they are heavy duty. I had a slight rattle from the suspension.

Whoever gets my car next will probably be getting a very good deal. A lot of car for the money.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-SAAB-93-...item27dd57f916

I will post the final sale price, probably late March.

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Lol! I've already bought Meyle HD drop links ready to fit! Paid £33 from Micksgarage.com. Actually, there's nothing wrong with the old drop links, but if I'm going to be puttin new struts/coils on, then it seemed the right idea to renew the drop links too.

gino9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Eldorado 4.5 88' & STS 4.6 N* 01'
    Did You sold car?

cheekygirl1982 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I've just bought the 2006 1.9 bls sport I paid £2000 have I got ripped off then

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.