Some experiences with BLS and help requested!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Some experiences with BLS and help requested! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Dear All, Being a 2008 car my Cadillac BLS is not that old to hope for there are still some ...
    vikingnet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac BLS 2008

Some experiences with BLS and help requested!

Dear All,

Being a 2008 car my Cadillac BLS is not that old to hope for there are still some (up to max 10th) people that have interest in talking about it. I bought it recently in a very nice condition, and I am a newbie to Caddy forum as well. So i thought apart from asking for some help and experience about the car, I will share a few of my thoughts as well as for owners perhaps nice to read them, also for others who might think of buying one..
    • > Being a car really one of its kind the BLS is truly a great mixture of American chic and European technology. A car that has a wonderful handling performance, a strong engine (mine being the SAAB 2.0 t - 170 HP) but you really don't feel like rushing with it! You have the power to do so, and in some rare cases when some BMVidiot wants to flip you off the inner lane you can push it, but normally you just enjoy cruising with it at 130kmph and enjoy that it does not get slower, should the highway go a bit steep upways.
    • >Excellent seats (I have a bad back, and only some of the cars are confy for me on the long run) and a really nice dashboard gives practical comfort and confidence in choosing the right car
    • >For winter tires (I had to buy new ones) I chose the Nokian WR D3 which I am highly satisfied with and would recommend it to anyone!
    • >No faults so far with anything: I had the car checked, oil replaced (to Castrol EDGE 5W30), and the most costy problem someday would be that I'll need to replace the A/C compressor as it slightly leaks gas, however this can wait and anyways hence SAAB 93 goes in it, I can find some used replacement. Brakes, engine (160th km) runs great, steering and electrics are good. So no trouble, but worth to check by a mechanic, in Europe preferably at places where they know SAAB 93s very well.
    • > And finally a bit of help if someone can! I have a manual A/C panel in my dashboard, and will have to replace the lights inside. Could please someone send me a link where they explain how to take the panel (this is the lowest in the mid-section) out? I don't want to scratch anything.. Thank you kindly in advance

Bests!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tong is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9D Elegance Wagon Auto

Re: Some experiences with BLS and help requested!

Hi VikingNet, welcome to the forum which is pretty slow but the responses are always very useful and by people that know what they are talking about. (apart from me that is)

My BLS is a Dec 2009 wagon with the 1.9 diesel .. and it has been a great car I have used it for many trips around europe taking the ferry from Hull and driving down to Italy then back up through Austria. It can trvel well at 130 kph and I have had an average of 45 mpg on these trips.

I have no criticism of the car whatsoever having driven volvo S80's previously and this is as comfortable and as fast.
    Winter tyres are not compulsary in UK so not an issue with us.

Sorry can't help you with the panel light but I can lend you a hammer and crowbar if you need them

best regards TonG

Nikwas is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi there. Well, I have just bought myself a 2009 BLS. O yes, I am from South Africa, and Caddys are not commonly seen on our roads. I bought it mainly as my father had one, a 1949 model, for two years of his life. He passed away when he was 36y. So you can see that a caddy is very close to my heart. As Tong said, there is power to burn under the hood. I drove about twothousand kilos during the first week, and was blown awya by the good fuel consumption. Then there is the smooth ride, oh boy, and how smooth. There was a near empty water bottle in the boot, and it stayed upright during the whole driving experience. Caddy tops.

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Nikwas View Post
    Hi there. Well, I have just bought myself a 2009 BLS. O yes, I am from South Africa, and Caddys are not commonly seen on our roads. I bought it mainly as my father had one, a 1949 model, for two years of his life. He passed away when he was 36y. So you can see that a caddy is very close to my heart. As Tong said, there is power to burn under the hood. I drove about twothousand kilos during the first week, and was blown awya by the good fuel consumption. Then there is the smooth ride, oh boy, and how smooth. There was a near empty water bottle in the boot, and it stayed upright during the whole driving experience. Caddy tops.
    Nikwas, welcome to the forum.

My own car is a 2009 model (built 2008) and I'll have owned it four years in March 2014. It really has been a great car so far and sometimes I wish I could stick it in a crate to PE and drive the Garden Route in it! I'm a frequent visitor to SA and I've driven over a huge part of the country. You are very lucky. You've got great roads which the diesel BLS is hugely suited to. I'm jealous! I do occasionally see the odd BLS on my visits down there, but like here in the UK, they are very rare. I think I've only seen one Cadillac BLS other than my own this year in the UK.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.