bts-v?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, bts-v? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?t=13 after seein the xlr v at this site, i saw this. ...you dont think caddy will ever go after ...
    adam_mcd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

bts-v?

http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?t=13

after seein the xlr v at this site, i saw this.

...you dont think caddy will ever go after the m3 in europe?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: bts-v?

That's a farily old article. They didn't even know it was to be called BLS. I agree they should make a V version for the 2nd generation BLS that should also come to the US.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

For an M3 equivalent you could pump up that 3.6 or 2.8 with a turbo or so in the BLS. The potential ride of the Saab 93 platform is stiff enough. I just hope it only will compete with the performance, because I would hate to see those typical rude BMW drivers (at least here in Europe) in a Cadillac. That would ruin the mood and the image of Cadillac in Europe... hahaha

Plus I think a diesel would suit the BLS more than the CTS. I don't know, it just feels weird; a diesel in a Cadillac. They tried it before in the late 70's...

sjokomelk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 ETC

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo
    For an M3 equivalent you could pump up that 3.6 or 2.8 with a turbo or so in the BLS.
    It will come with the 2.8 with a turbo. The same engine that you can buy in the 9-3 Aero and 9-5 Aero today

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

there will be no BLS V, because the BLS is front wheel drive! Until they change the platform to RWD, you cant even imagine it taking on an M3.

CTS4Chiefy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I've never been a big fan of the BLS... it looks good, but I just dont feel it's "good" enough for Caddy... let Saab and Saturn have the $20-30K range "luxury" vehicles to fight Acura, etc...

Though since they'll have one... 350+ HP/tq... lol

Lot's of people picking on Cadillac going into a lower $ market section. Hello, the competition is doing the same thing!

Mercedes A and B series:

BMW 1 series:

Audi 2 and 3 series:

Lexus IS series:

I think they are doing great with a BLS compared to the competition!

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I like the BLS (or whatever they end up calling it). I wish it was RWD though. STuff a V8 in it and go tear-up the competition! Lexus IS? HAA! That's actually a hot segment though. One that I think Cadillac SHOULD be in but with a RWD/AWD car.

harryctsv is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    I like the BLS (or whatever they end up calling it). I wish it was RWD though. STuff a V8 in it and go tear-up the competition! Lexus IS? HAA! That's actually a hot segment though. One that I think Cadillac SHOULD be in but with a RWD/AWD car.
    Hi Katshot,
    the presentation in Europe for this Cadillac is tomorow in Amsterdam/Netherlands and the name is BLS. My dealer get his first two in april and that`s where presentation at the dealers start.

Harry

What dealer is that Harry? I am in Hamburg and I would like to sign up for a test drive

I been in a IS at the presentation at the Lexus Dealer in Hamburg. The IS is crampy, so I wouldn't put it in the CTS class. Also the engine and interior is more in the class range of BLS. And then I would definately prefer the BLS over the IS. Too bad you won't experience the BLS in the US. You are missing out on something good!

harryctsv is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo
    What dealer is that Harry? I am in Hamburg and I would like to sign up for a test drive

I been in a IS at the presentation at the Lexus Dealer in Hamburg. The IS is crampy, so I wouldn't put it in the CTS class. Also the engine and interior is more in the class range of BLS. And then I would definately prefer the BLS over the IS. Too bad you won't experience the BLS in the US. You are missing out on something good!
    Hi 70 Eldo,
    my dealer here in Wuerzburg get two BLS in by the end of this month and Dello in Hamburg should have it`s first cars in by about the same time.
    If you want to make a test drive, just go to www.Cadillac-bls.com there you can sign in for test drive or further information.
    The official preview at the dealers here in Germany will be on April 8th.

Hope I could help

Harry

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.