Diesel Additives
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Diesel Additives in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anybody used these and can any effect be felt?...
    Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

Diesel Additives

Has anybody used these and can any effect be felt?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Re: Diesel Additives

Quote Originally Posted by Mazuk View Post
    Has anybody used these and can any effect be felt?
    Personally I've never used them. I think yours and my car have done about the same mileage, 30k. Maybe if the car had done 90k or so, I might consider sticking something in the tank, but my own car gets a daily run on the M1 now, albeit for only one junction, but enough to keep the EGR and DPF from sooting too much.

It might be worth sticking the occasional full tank of Shell V Power diesel in? Allegedly, it doesn't increase performance in terms of power, but users report more MPG and it is cleaner for the environment. Costs more, but I guess if you get more MPG, it evens itself out. I use a lot of supermarket diesel because of price (slapping my back pocket here!).

If you do consider using an additive, just make sure you do your research and if necessary, ask a friendly mechanic for their view.

P.S, hope your car is running well? Oh, and I've recently changed my paper air filter for a K&N panel filter.....noticeably better on the pickup!

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

I used to use this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_255221 in my 9-3 TTiD

I was travelling from Manchester to Bristol every Sunday and returning on a Friday and when I filled up I would add unit of this, it did seem to make the car run smoother and a few more MPG according to the on board 'puter

I'm thinking of getting the car Terracleaned

----------

could be commuting from Manchester to Chester (100 mile round trip) shortly for 3+ mths so if a terraclean can give more mpg i'm tempted.
    car's due an MOT in the next few weeks so will check what the emission are and check with garage if I should have it done.

After further somewhat delayed thought I have decided that "if it aint broke don`t fixit".Still running well and past 33333 miles

ajp558 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS Elegance 1.9D Wagon

I am very tempted by the Terraclean for my BLS 150 auto estate at 45,000 miles.

The prospect of more mpg and better response to the throttle is very appealing, especially after I saw the state of the inside of the EGR when I had that off after getting the "limited performance" warning during the Summer.

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

might be having the Terraclean done next week as had a few egr issues this week

I have been keeping my eye on this for some time--http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-1-9-TTiD-Z19DTR-EGR-VALVE-BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-93166910-/281127734393?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& fits=Car+Make%3ASaab%7CModel%3A9-3%7CCars+Type%3A1.9+TTiD&hash=item417484cc79

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Mazuk View Post
    I have been keeping my eye on this for some time--http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-1-9-TTiD-Z19DTR-EGR-VALVE-BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-93166910-/281127734393?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& fits=Car+Make%3ASaab%7CModel%3A9-3%7CCars+Type%3A1.9+TTiD&hash=item417484cc79
    This one is cheaper....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUIN...item3a8719ae55

I'm surprised at how much more expensive the TTiD EGR is as opposed to the TiD EGR.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.