Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Replace Grundig-Delphi Infotainment unit

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  fiero 1984 
#1 ·
I consider replacing the standard Grundig-Delphi Sat Navi, without paying a top price. Main reason is maps of 2011/2012 our considerably outdated in my region.
I am thinking of replacing Grundig-Delphi Sat Navi for a Chinese 6.2 inch brand Navi. In my previous car I had a Chinese brand installed and I am very enthousiastic regarding price/quality/features.

See http://www.erisin.com/erisin-es8162t-62-2-din-hd-car-dvd-tmc-dvbt-gps_p419.html Photo Gallery.

Can someone tell me what I must do? Is it necessary to buy another Steering Wheel Control Interface or is the standard Cadillac SWC-interface sufficient?
Is there a wiring diagram of the standard Grundig-Delphi navi available?

#2 ·
Hi and welcome to the BLS forum, sadly, there are very few of us!

I gave up on thinking about replacing the stock infotainment system. Agree about the maps, mine are circa 2007 and utterly useless and I was quoted an absolutely ridiculous amount of money for so called 'updated' discs. This is why I now use a TomTom 820 HD Live, far superior as a satnav and always updateable.

You may well have to seek proper technical advice from a company used to fitting the type of equipment you are considering and ultimately, it might well cost you a lot of money by the time you've purchased the unit and had it fitted.

Good luck!

#4 ·
I just replace the standard head unit in our Honda Insight .. the unit is an eonon double din and works really well for all functions I haven't installed the TV or the rear view camera as yet.. I did however have a problem syncing the steering wheel control and it still does not work .. I got the proper wiring harness adaptor so its wired up OK but the unit does not recognise the control function.

So even with a wiring diagram it might not work.

I am OK with my BLS standard Navi unit and will not be changing it yet but I agree that the chinese double din units are very good value.

#7 ·
Hallo just bought a bls wagon and a chinees radio similar to the one you want..i bought a wiring harness via ebay, uk and build my own modifications for the chinees radio. One is that all the connectors on e the chinees radio are on the back outside the radio. Grundig connectors go in the radio. with the bls there is no room behind for the connectors so you have to move the radio towards you. ( hope you understand) the wiring i tested with a volt meter (no lamp because that can trigar the airbag. Hope this helps..Cheers Alain from Belgium

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.